Home

Any official response to the fallout?

This is a discussion on Any official response to the fallout? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #25
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Any official response to the fallout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Their official response will be :

Let Them Eat Cake!

There's no alternative. With all the bitching we are doing, we will eventually buy it. Maybe not on day 1, but somewhere down the line this year when/if they patch things. You know it and I know it.
Sure. And I bet a great many of those purchases will either be used so that EA doesn't see a cut of that or when the game has a sale/price drop, which I bet is going to happen fairly quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 27

Just my $.02 here; but I honestly don't think the decisions on what goes in and what doesn't, is on Rammer and the other Devs. Especially not on the first iteration of a new console. My guess, is that they bring a bunch of ideas to upper management, and 'the suits' have the final say on what goes in.

I've said this before; you're simply just not going to get the full arsenal of features on the first go around on a new system. It hardly happens. If they did, with kick-*** graphics on top of it like NBA 2K14, then gamers would complain about future titles being nothing but roster updates. I'm not excusing it, but that's just how it is.

Rammer seems like a good dude. It sucks to see crap like #FireRammer on Twitter, when this might not even be his fault.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:45 PM   #27
Rookie

newjerseydamo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
did you even check his mentions before asking that? Lol people have been roasting him pretty good, and #FIRERAMMER was trending in multiple countries INCLUDING AUSTRALIA.

Us Australians are passionate about our sport, and hockey, believe it or not, is my favourite sport in the entire world.

I know many of us down under are furious with what's happened, and cancelled our pre-order (including me).

We are very disappointed we are missing out on hockey, but we can't justify buying it this year.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:00 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have bought every copy of NHL since 08. I've ignored the last few years of no new content outside of HUT and minor tweaks that could be patched in, because every year the product plays better and feels better. This year, unless it is addressed in a big way, I refuse to buy this game despite the amazing graphical and presentation upgrades, because I won't spend money to be laughed at. I'll be spreading this among all of my friends too, all of whom are huge NHL players.

Old 09-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #29
Rookie

Rhaze48's Arena

OVR: 0

Not gonna lie, seeing the pictures of all the canceled orders makes me laugh.

#FIRERAMMER
Old 09-07-2014, 02:42 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Just my $.02 here; but I honestly don't think the decisions on what goes in and what doesn't, is on Rammer and the other Devs. Especially not on the first iteration of a new console. My guess, is that they bring a bunch of ideas to upper management, and 'the suits' have the final say on what goes in.

I've said this before; you're simply just not going to get the full arsenal of features on the first go around on a new system. It hardly happens. If they did, with kick-*** graphics on top of it like NBA 2K14, then gamers would complain about future titles being nothing but roster updates. I'm not excusing it, but that's just how it is.

Rammer seems like a good dude. It sucks to see crap like #FireRammer on Twitter, when this might not even be his fault.
Well Rammer may be a good guy, he just might be, but this happened on his watch so at some point he has to make a decision. Sell what EA told him to sell or do not settle for what eventually happened. At some point he has to know and at some point he had to make a decision, be a part of it or leave. he did not do the right thing but he probably made the right move for his career and you cannot really blame him for that. Regardless he can be a part of the blame because all this happened on his watch.

Take a look at another next-gen sports game "The Show" (Baseball), I bought this game this year as it was the first year for its next-gen coming out party...it has all the features I could have wanted and more. Not sure what the difference was here. Maybe a company with more scruples perhaps.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:49 AM   #31
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
Take a look at another next-gen sports game "The Show" (Baseball), I bought this game this year as it was the first year for its next-gen coming out party...it has all the features I could have wanted and more. Not sure what the difference was here. Maybe a company with more scruples perhaps.
Or the company that cares for their consumers. Although there's stil serious issues regarding their online...but still...this MLBTS is good and you can play out of the box. I am not even a baseball fan...but loving the RTS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 03:06 AM   #32
Banned

twelveone's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Or the company that cares for their consumers. Although there's stil serious issues regarding their online...but still...this MLBTS is good and you can play out of the box. I am not even a baseball fan...but loving the RTS.
Been playing the show since 2010, the RTS mode is one of my favorites and the franchise mode is incredibly in-depth unlike some games i know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »