Home

Any official response to the fallout?

This is a discussion on Any official response to the fallout? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Any official response to the fallout?

Yes, unplayable online is not good. I cannot recall a baseball game ever having good online play like ever. It is a timing thing, especially for baseball. The game is tuned for pure reflex and does not transfer well to online play. I hope they can nail it soon.

But at least they released their next-gen game with all the features and didnt remove a sh!t ton of them. Then be dishonest about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Canceling my pre order. Thank goodness for Madden and The Golf Club (currently my favourite sports game).
Old 09-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #43
Rookie

I highly suggest everyone go to the EA forums and voice your displeasure. This is starting to make many game site news and gaining more and more attention actually.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
Been playing the show since 2010, the RTS mode is one of my favorites and the franchise mode is incredibly in-depth unlike some games i know.
The Franchise mode in The Show has so many glaring issues it's not funny. For example, their contract logic is flawed, and ignores MLB rules. Players who have less than 6 years MLB service cannot renegotiate their contracts. Under 3 years cannot make more than league minimum....happens all the time. I signed Jose Fernandez to a 10 year, $20m contract ($2m a year).

I love the Show. It's the reason I switched from 360 to PS4 and not XONE. But the Show suffers from franchise issues just like EA games.

I'm as upset with the missing modes as anyone. But I think franchises that aren't EA-made are given free passes on things that EA isn't. I see all the time about trade-logic issues here yet don't see anyone complain about MLB Trade Logic, which is incredibly worrisome, too.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #45
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs
The Franchise mode in The Show has so many glaring issues it's not funny. For example, their contract logic is flawed, and ignores MLB rules. Players who have less than 6 years MLB service cannot renegotiate their contracts. Under 3 years cannot make more than league minimum....happens all the time. I signed Jose Fernandez to a 10 year, $20m contract ($2m a year).

I love the Show. It's the reason I switched from 360 to PS4 and not XONE. But the Show suffers from franchise issues just like EA games.

I'm as upset with the missing modes as anyone. But I think franchises that aren't EA-made are given free passes on things that EA isn't. I see all the time about trade-logic issues here yet don't see anyone complain about MLB Trade Logic, which is incredibly worrisome, too.
I said it was in-depth, which it definitely is. Did I say it was glitch/bug/problem free? I think not. Madden is the worst with that type of stuff. Players in free agency who demand outrageous contracts never get signed and I end up signing them in week 1 of the preseason for a cheap, 1 year deal, hahaha. When I do a franchise mode in The Show, I get the minor league rosters that were created by members of this community and I dive right in. I don't do a lot of trading so that really doesn't bother me, I like to work with what I got and grow my prospects. It has it's flaws but it's still a game that you can immerse yourself in for quite a bit. As a result, Im willing to look past stuff like that for that particular game.

Last edited by twelveone; 09-07-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #46
Rookie

Put it this way, think the Show would have gotten a free pass if they did what EA did this year on their first next-gem game...I highly doubt it.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
I said it was in-depth, which it definitely is. Did I say it was glitch/bug/problem free? I think not. Madden is the worst with that type of stuff. Players in free agency who demand outrageous contracts never get signed and I end up signing them in week 1 of the preseason for a cheap, 1 year deal, hahaha. When I do a franchise mode in The Show, I get the minor league rosters that were created by members of this community and I dive right in. I don't do a lot of trading so that really doesn't bother me, I like to work with what I got and grow my prospects. It has it's flaws but it's still a game that you can immerse yourself in for quite a bit. As a result, Im willing to look past stuff like that for that particular game.
I use OS rosters, too. But the franchise on The Show, for me, is almost unplayable due to it's ignorance of the MLB key contract structure rules. Drives me nuts. Ruins the experience. Key gameplay is wonderful, but their franchise mode just doesn't follow the rules.

Mainly, I just think that EA deserves a lot of crap. They botched NHL15, for sure. The overall suite is lacking considerably. But I think overall, gamers are more willing to forgive The Show or 2k than they are EA.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:52 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GROGtheNailer
Put it this way, think the Show would have gotten a free pass if they did what EA did this year on their first next-gem game...I highly doubt it.
They wouldn't have. Totally agree.

But in terms of a lot of other things (the Show's franchise consistently has buggy logic and has legacy issues, I haven't owned the Show before this year, but played it plenty), that people are hammering EA over on Madden and NHL that they've basically ignored.

All I'm saying is we the gamer seem to be more anti-EA than anything and far less willing to give them a pass.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »