Home

NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 01:23 AM   #81
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Hi Rammer ,
Thanks for responding as NHL is the only sports game I buy now and thank Heavens Playoff Mode made it back in so I can buy this game Tuesday as the gameplay is near perfect and the crowds , atmosphere and announcing is gonna be great for years to come !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 01:24 AM   #82
Banned

twelveone's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomicJ
The fact that 3-star selections is even considered as things we should get excited about just shows you how much this product should never hit the shelves.
I notice your name from the EA NHL forums, got banned over there 3 times yesterday for no reason really and yes I couldn't agree more.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:24 AM   #83
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

I like that they are finally giving us some feedback as to what is going on (even if took them months to finally say something). But is anyone else completely underwhelmed by this list? 3 stars, seriously? Where are the AHL stats? Coach feedback? How about the option to sim to your line? Have to wait till October just so we can start an actual Be a GM, yet no mention if there is any fix to the broken AI draft logic that is in the game. If the priorities in this game are 3 stars and a gimmick playoff mode rather than fixing the much more popular Be A GM they have a long way to go before they earn my money.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:27 AM   #84
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I like that they are finally giving us some feedback as to what is going on (even if took them months to finally say something). But is anyone else completely underwhelmed by this list? 3 stars, seriously? Where are the AHL stats? Coach feedback? How about the option to sim to your line? Have to wait till October just so we can start an actual Be a GM, yet no mention if there is any fix to the broken AI draft logic that is in the game. If the priorities in this game are 3 stars and a gimmick playoff mode rather than fixing the much more popular Be A GM they have a long way to go before they earn my money.
I find it hilarious that it was said that Rammer wouldn't be doing any Q&A's till after release and here he is cherry picking questions to his liking and hoping to bring back customers.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:27 AM   #85
Pro

I thought the CPU auto drafts for you anyway. If that's the case, who the hell cares how much time you have to make a draft pick?

These updates do nothing to improve Be A GM, or really anything that we've been asking for. Let us edit players' ratings and equipment or I personally won't be buying it. Simple as that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 01:32 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTSNHL
[i](This post has been promoted to the homepage. Written by NHL 15 Producer, Sean Ramjagsingh)[/

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user

Sean
What a joke, draft was a long time in nhl franchise

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...44&postcount=4

Best post

I hope only that we have not to wait 8 years to get all the last gen features
Old 09-08-2014, 01:32 AM   #87
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTSNHL
Thanks for the note.
Edit player is important and something that you will see back in the game.
At this point i can't commit to a timeframe.

-rammer
Does that mean we'll see it in this year's game or next year's? Saying we'll see it back in the game is incredibly vague.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:34 AM   #88
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Rammer,

Thanks for taking time to come on here and answer some questions. I think it says a lot about you and the team at EA. There's a lot of people that are extremely angry at the missing features in NHL 15 and while I'm not happy about some of them, I truly believe that you guys have done everything in your power to bring us the best hockey game you can. I'm not a programmer so I cannot begin to understand the intricacies of making a game, especially an annualized game on a new platform, but I'm sure it's complicated.

It's easy for us, as gamers, to sit back and complain about missing features but I'm sure that it was at all possible you guys would have pushed out a fully featured game with NHL 15. Unfortunately, this is the way it goes for sports games on new consoles it seems. Except for MLB The Show, which is a port just with higher resolution player models and "completely rebuilt stadiums" that look exactly the same from the Playstation 3, minus better resolution.

I'm somewhat disappointed at some of the missing features, but I'm still eager to play the game. I've bought and played every EA hockey game since NHLPA 93 on the Sega Genesis and I'm very much so looking forward to playing NHL 15 on the Playstation 4 on Tuesday.

Lastly, I think that some of you guys that are completely bashing EA and calling them money-hungry are a bit misguided. Sure it's a corporation that is out to make a profit but if anyone thinks that they want to put out a cheap product and charge as much as possible for it, you're wrong. And for the people that are taking shots at Rammer himself, really? I'm sure he's paid a handsome salary for what he does but I guarantee he wants to make the best hockey game possible, as does everyone on their team. In the end I'm going to guess Rammer cares a lot more about how good the game is as opposed to how much money EA Sports makes.

Keep doing your thing Rammer, and thanks for stopping by.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »