Home

NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 02:26 AM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Post-Launch Content Update

Hi, few very simple questions I haven't seen an answer yet.

- What happened to the new Stanley Cup celebration? Be honest please, in multiple interviews and articles you have publicly stated that we have a brand new Stanley Cup scene. And the end-result?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8d_v7d4vPA

Exatcly same as NHL 14.

- Second question, why, and why on earth can we not have a detailed simulation in BeAGM where you can see who scores, who shoots, who hits, who gets a penalty, time of period it happens, etc etc etc.. basically the exact same simulation we been having for long long time?

So question is, is detailed simulation of Be-A-GM coming back or not?

And please be honest with your answers, I can tell that noone likes a 'Erhmm.. I don't know!'' developer of a game.. Simple yes, or no - answers are what we need.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:01 AM   #98
Rookie

Södy's Arena

Re: NHL 15: Post-launch Content Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Provide a link proving they are short on man power. They were not short on time they took a year off from this gen to work on NHL 15, at least that's what they told us last year. Every other sports game was able to offer a full featured game with a shorter dev cycle.
Well this is why I assume, they are short on man power.

FIFA and Madden are stronger titles and I truly believe they have more people that work on.

I am a developer myself and I can tell you, no developer ever want to release a half finished product. Never ever. So to me the only real explanation is that they didn't have the time to get all the features in with this team.

So we have 2 possibilities:

- the devs didn't have the time because they are not enough
- EA likes to lose money and screw away customers on purpose to get things back in 2 months after release

Point 2 doesn't makes sense at all. When they brought it in 1-2 years later as a "big new feature" or as DLC you have to pay for, I agree, it wasn't because of the devs, it was because of EAs politics.

But this way the only reason why we have this release is because they are short on man power.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:03 AM   #99
Banned

twelveone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoir
Hi, few very simple questions I haven't seen an answer yet.

- What happened to the new Stanley Cup celebration? Be honest please, in multiple interviews and articles you have publicly stated that we have a brand new Stanley Cup scene. And the end-result?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8d_v7d4vPA

Exatcly same as NHL 14.

- Second question, why, and why on earth can we not have a detailed simulation in BeAGM where you can see who scores, who shoots, who hits, who gets a penalty, time of period it happens, etc etc etc.. basically the exact same simulation we been having for long long time?

So question is, is detailed simulation of Be-A-GM coming back or not?

And please be honest with your answers, I can tell that noone likes a 'Erhmm.. I don't know!'' developer of a game.. Simple yes, or no - answers are what we need.
Im right there with you bud, I don't get how these simple and traditional things are missing from their respective modes. With the way that question has been ducked over and over, along with the "Sim to next shift" for Be A Pro, I would say our answer to that is simply no its not coming, but look for it on the back of the box next year. As a kid sitting indian style, playing NHL 95 I would have never thought video games would have become what they are. 15 years ago, If you told me that games would ship with barely any content out of the box, I would have laughed at you.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:06 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 4

I sympathize with everyone's frustration here... But as the above poster said, it's not as if the development team intended to release an incomplete game. I haven't played the next-gen version but it sounds like the gameplay is there...

So, why not take a deep breath, relax, and give these guys a year to fix this? If your favorite modes are still missing from NHL 16, then the "fire this guy, fire that guy" stuff may very well be justified. But for now... I think everyone needs to chill out a little bit. Just my opinion.

Having said that, I do think the developers have a responsibility to answer your questions (and not dodge the difficult ones).
Old 09-08-2014, 05:23 AM   #101
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

This list is ridiculous, about draft... then move on to something sensational never seen it when it's already been done is so hilarious, please change the music because is becoming a chant meaningless.
....then why dont release the game in October / November?
already patched?

oh sorry be logical and honest it is not something that belongs to you right?

what a pile of incompetent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 05:25 AM   #102
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Bri
I sympathize with everyone's frustration here... But as the above poster said, it's not as if the development team intended to release an incomplete game. I haven't played the next-gen version but it sounds like the gameplay is there...

So, why not take a deep breath, relax, and give these guys a year to fix this? If your favorite modes are still missing from NHL 16, then the "fire this guy, fire that guy" stuff may very well be justified. But for now... I think everyone needs to chill out a little bit. Just my opinion.

Having said that, I do think the developers have a responsibility to answer your questions (and not dodge the difficult ones).

We would all be a lot calmer if two things happened:

1. They would actually communicate with us and not ignore every comment with substanance. It's amazing to compare the lack of communication with the NHL 15 this summer to how Tiburon handled Madden. Every week they were updating us on something new with twitch streams, blogs, QA sessions and even letting GC's post videos. You would never know it's the same company.

2. If you're not going to have a full featured game, don't charge full price for it. If this game was $29.99, most of us would say what you are saying. Give these guys a year to fix things in the meantime we can play the stripped down version without having to pay the same as a full game.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:31 AM   #103
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHeart
This list is ridiculous, about draft... then move on to something sensational never seen it when it's already been done is so hilarious, please change the music because is becoming a chant meaningless.
....then why dont release the game in October / November?
already patched?

oh sorry be logical and honest it is not something that belongs to you right?

what a pile of incompetent.
I can deal with draft marketing and who knows maybe it will be something revolutionary we haven't seen before, but...

What irritates me the most about this is with all the problems this game has and with how much is missing two of the most important things are: 3 Stars and playoff mode?? Amazingly you can track player stats for your playoff mode but not for your prospects in Be a GM. The priorities at this company is absolutely baffling. Of course the HUT cash cow has the most updates, that was all but expected. I keep trying to be optimistic about this game because the presentation looks beautiful but they are making it tough.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:37 AM   #104
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

I would also be very intrigued to hear the answer to bigwill33's query, WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU SPEND TIME ON PATCHES?

I don't know you, and you don't know. So let me tell you something: I love hockey. Love it! And I'm sure you do too. I also happen to love Be A GM mode. I played over 250 games of it on NHL 14. And I also love drafting players!

Here's why you're in hot water. Never mind the dismal amount of communication, let's talk about some underhanded methods and what not. Sure, the minuscule details are fantastic. But I'd bet that most people are just a little more concerned about something as simple as the 3 Stars of the game. Which we took for granted. Now I'm no developer, for all I know it might be the toughest thing in the game to put in. But I doubt it.

And now you introduce it as something revolutionary? Just say, we didn't focus on this inconsequential thing but we'll patch it in quickly. Don't tell me that you'll put us in a GM's shoes by letting us draft our own players (albeit with a tough 3-minute limit. With "timeouts"). This was a day-one buy. But you took out so much that people love, Season mode—not a patch?—playoff mode—patch—SIMMING TO THE NEXT SHIFT IN BE A PRO—ridiculous—that I can't see myself buying this.

As I said before, I don't know you and you don't know me. But I do know that you'll be in damn hot water if you put out another bare-bones game next year, with all the patches you're doing. I'd hate to see you lose your job, but come on man. Priorities.

Playoffs??? Playoffs??

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »