Home

NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 12:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 9
Agree with Glenn to some extent, but I'm not impressed with gameplay, at all. AI is slightly improved on the defensive side, but offense is horrible. AI might cycle the puck a bit more, but only when human player's errors let them do it. If you watch AI play against AI, all they do is skate into checks when they have the puck.

Gameplay still has the same issues it has for years, puck control is too high, pass assist is too high, some checks still result in the good old rubber ball effect, where the player just bounces off the puck holder. Players still warp in an unrealistic speed when picking up a loose puck, yet skating past a loose puck without acknowledging it is still rampant. And the way you can skate through traffic without losing the puck is ridiculous.

I was pissed off at the missing game modes before, now I'm just pissed off. Worst NHL game since 07. If this had been released on 360 with the missing game modes I would've been happy, but this is not a nextgen game.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
When I played the demo, it felt very NHL 14 to me but it is better, I do like puck physics. Not having those features though, it makes the game useless to me, I cannot use it.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #11
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1)

My nephew who used to be a designer in EA (Burnaby, BC) and now working at a big computer gaming as developer after being "pirated" will send my his free copy of NHL PS4 from his buddies at EA. His friend at EA thought he has PS4....my nephew has X1.

I might receive this either today or tomorrow. I'll post here my impression...but I will only play BaGM. (I told my nephew if I didnt like it if I could sell it via GS and he said he's fine with it...LOL). I love this nephew of mine!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #12
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
I feel bad for the NHL franchise because this probably set them back at least 2 years. No one will be satisfied with next year's release because everyone will say that NHL 16 should really be NHL 15. This game really does play a solid game of hockey, probably the best to date. It's funny how everyone yelling at how stale commentary and presentation was for YEARS now says that being updated is no big deal.

This game probably should have been delayed until October so more could have been included on launch day. Those saying they should release the game for $30 as a gesture of goodwill have never worked in a business environment. That would put them out of business faster than anything.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:35 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
Those saying they should release the game for $30 as a gesture of goodwill have never worked in a business environment. That would put them out of business faster than anything.
That is an absolutely silly statement. NHL is a total drop in the bucket for EA as a whole and they most certainly could eat a price drop for 1 year.

Goodwill with customers is hard to earn and very easy to lose.

Ensuring none of the bad reviews get out until they sucker a bunch of people into buying it first is *not* good business.

Anyone in a "business environment" should know that part well.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1
"It’s one thing to create “a foundation” for the future; it’s another to strip out 70 percent of the modes in order to ship a product on time."

That one sentence sums up to perfection what I've been trying to say with much more words these past few days. This is EXACTLY what's wrong with this game.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:56 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Should have launched at $40..

this game will NOT be getting my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by centauris
Should have launched at $40..

this game will NOT be getting my money.
I dont understand you at all..If you buy it for 60 dollars and play it for 3 months, Walmart will give you 40 dollars for it trade in so youd really only play it for 20 dollars.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »