Home

Digital Download Problem

This is a discussion on Digital Download Problem within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #25
Rookie

ozcore's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Digital Download Problem

well I'm downloading the game from scratch see if that works. tnks again EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 11:46 PM   #26
Rookie

Neurotic's Arena

I downloaded the game, installed it, went through the intro Rangers vs Kings game, and now the installation is permanently stuck on 19%.

I decided to delete it and re-download, and when doing so discovered that the actual game file is 2.4 GB (smaller than the demo!). Is it possible some of us are just getting an incorrect file from the PS Store?
Old 09-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #27
Rookie

Neurotic's Arena

Well, after re-installing, it's now stuck at 10%. Can only play as Rangers or Kings. Unbelievable.

If anyone downloaded the digital copy through the PS Store and got it to work, let me know.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:41 AM   #28
Rookie

mbrancato157's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic
Well, after re-installing, it's now stuck at 10%. Can only play as Rangers or Kings. Unbelievable.

If anyone downloaded the digital copy through the PS Store and got it to work, let me know.
the install is an additional 23 GB file from EA servers so it'll probably take a while. If you go to the home screen, hit options on NHL 15 then go to information it will tell you how much you have downloaded of that 23 GBs
Old 09-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #29
Rookie

Guyamir11's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon14 Re: Digital Download Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic

This is terrible for everybody who waited so long for the game, and finally 9/9 arrived and..nothing.

Try to download while stand-by. It works for many.
Go into the game, the download on the right-top screen show you 3% or whatever, push the PS button and go to the main PS4 screen. Then, go to turn off your PS4 but choose stand-by mode. while in stand-by mode the PS4 download everything.
Try first for 20-30min and go to game again to see if there is any progress.
If there is a progress, I`m sure its slow but this way it will work. So maybe it will take few hours, but go back to stand-by mode, take a sleep, and check it later.
If you don`t see any progress , then sorry but idk what you should do.
I hope it helps you!

Last edited by Guyamir11; 09-10-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #30
Rookie

ozcore's Arena

ill try it as well see if it works cause I'm still stuck on 8 %. thanks guya
Old 09-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #31
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Happened to me yesterday too...bought it at 1pm on my phone....downloaded enough to load when I got home...still had 15 gb left or whatever it was....went to shower thinking it would be done and it was stuck on 21%...read forums etc all over and its recommended that you delete the entire game and re-download...

Let it download and then go to settings data management and NHL 15 and watch it download until it says its "complete"
I thought 19 GB/19 GB meant it was done, but wait till it says complete

This is how it worked for me. Good luck! A pain i know as I've bought digital before and never had anything like this happen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #32
Rookie

Neurotic's Arena

So...after 13 hours or so, the game finally installed.

For some reason, the file that you download from the PS Store when you purchase NHL 15 seems to be a demo and not the full game. The size of the file confirms this reasoning as it's 2.4 GB (200mb smaller than the demo).

The rest 19 GBs or so of the game seem to download VERY slowly from the main menu after you're done with the intro game/configuring your settings.

Why EA decided that we'd have to download the bulk of the game from their servers instead of making the full 21 GB file available on the initial PS Store download is beyond me.

I can confirm that if you set your PS4 to standby mode directly from the game's main menu, it will continue to download. At least that's how I did it.

This has nothing to do with my internet speed, I was able to download the digital copy of Madden 15 in about 50 minutes. Nothing more than EA incompetence at its finest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »