Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #393
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

So leave the forums.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #394
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

I have played numerous games & was wondering if anyone has seen the glass break yet? I know in previous versions a body check would shatter it. Not a big deal but just one of the little things I liked.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #395
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I have played numerous games & was wondering if anyone has seen the glass break yet? I know in previous versions a body check would shatter it. Not a big deal but just one of the little things I liked.
not once in over 100 games ? but I dont really recall a opportunity that it should happen either but if I have time later I raise the proper sliders and test it .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 06:54 PM   #396
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I haven't seen that happen on PS4 or on Xbox 360.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #397
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Thanks I try , but you understood why I post photos now instead of verbally ? Just to avoid un needed fighting as Photos and boxscores have no bias , agenda or opinions .

Fair enough you seem like a stand up person but if you think Im snobbish I was blindly attacked verbally called a douche and a moron and other bad names so maybe Im a bit defensive because I chose to say what I liked about the game and explain I was having a totally different experience from those few saying different .
I will never argue just to argue as nothing good will come of it so ignore is the best option but you respect me and I will respect you right or wrong as we all have different opinions .

I was then asked /challenged/demanded to visually post proof about penalties and my games or they didnt happen mentality and I did ,then about there wasnt enough types of penalties and I did visually because what was being posted just isnt true when I play on near allstar default .

Also about what type of games I was having and how I played so I created a slider thread and then that was attacked saying theres no penalties in this game when I showed visual proof again and again while the other person didnt .

The only agenda here is a small group of people trying to create a lynch mob mentality and using the squeaky wheel gets the grease routine as they feel theres some type of entitlement included in buying a game they knew had mode issues but if you go to almost any other game sites gameplay and physics are praised .

So yeah if someone who lowers shooting from 3 to 1 or 0 (1/3 of the scale ) on accuracy to make the game look more realistic ? and then complains over and over again hes out shooting the cpu 3 to 1 Im gonna defend it but I also tried to explain it verbally but even better visually as then theres no gray area just the facts or in this case the stats .

Im gonna copy a post I read today best ever anywhere in bold so I hope you and others can see how your acting myself included at times but I do try to avoid most arguments that will go nowhere good.
First off let me start by apologizing for getting nasty and calling you shamwow, its uncharacteristic and there really is no place for it here on these forums. With that I just want to be clear that I personally never had a problem with you enjoying the game and I said it before I'm glad you are enjoying it and I was not being sarcastic. I took issue and should have ignored it when early on in this thread or another one, you told people who do not like the game to stay off the forums. You then proceeded in several other posts to accuse people of being lazy, having low IQ's and having no hockey knowledge and it was usually after posts like those that set me off because there is no place for that on these forums either. However 2 wrongs do not make a right. I don't know you and you could be a really great guy, just about everyone here is but I would just suggest that you think a little before posting and I will do the same. I happen to agree with that old post (I didn't include it in the quote for size reasons) I said a long time ago that I think many of us, myself included sometimes expect perfection in a game that just is not capable of replicating real life, no game is. Coming to terms with that I was able to enjoy a very flawed NHL 14. Absolutely everyone plays different and slider tweaks help each person individually but I do think when it comes to things like penalties and what not though there is a reasonable expectation that those things be in the game without us having to spend hours and hours screwing with sliders. I still have hopes of making this game playable and I have found secondary success with some sliders but fear I will lose it again like before. I hope to God your right and the game can be made playable and only time will tell. So in closing, because this and a few other threads have been taken way off track, I totally accept the fact that you and many enjoy the game and have every right too and I would just suggest toning down some of the posts and maybe not so many of the same type in so many threads. I hope you can accept the fact that many of us (not the few you mentioned) have many legitimate gripes with the game and I think the forums is exactly the place for both views if kept constructive. I for one am going to heed some great advice I was given earlier and keep my posts related to the game and not attack anyone because there is certainly nothing constructive in that. Cheers
Old 09-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #398
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
First off let me start by apologizing for getting nasty and calling you shamwow, its uncharacteristic and there really is no place for it here on these forums. With that I just want to be clear that I personally never had a problem with you enjoying the game and I said it before I'm glad you are enjoying it and I was not being sarcastic. I took issue and should have ignored it when early on in this thread or another one, you told people who do not like the game to stay off the forums. You then proceeded in several other posts to accuse people of being lazy, having low IQ's and having no hockey knowledge and it was usually after posts like those that set me off because there is no place for that on these forums either. However 2 wrongs do not make a right. I don't know you and you could be a really great guy, just about everyone here is but I would just suggest that you think a little before posting and I will do the same. I happen to agree with that old post (I didn't include it in the quote for size reasons) I said a long time ago that I think many of us, myself included sometimes expect perfection in a game that just is not capable of replicating real life, no game is. Coming to terms with that I was able to enjoy a very flawed NHL 14. Absolutely everyone plays different and slider tweaks help each person individually but I do think when it comes to things like penalties and what not though there is a reasonable expectation that those things be in the game without us having to spend hours and hours screwing with sliders. I still have hopes of making this game playable and I have found secondary success with some sliders but fear I will lose it again like before. I hope to God your right and the game can be made playable and only time will tell. So in closing, because this and a few other threads have been taken way off track, I totally accept the fact that you and many enjoy the game and have every right too and I would just suggest toning down some of the posts and maybe not so many of the same type in so many threads. I hope you can accept the fact that many of us (not the few you mentioned) have many legitimate gripes with the game and I think the forums is exactly the place for both views if kept constructive. I for one am going to heed some great advice I was given earlier and keep my posts related to the game and not attack anyone because there is certainly nothing constructive in that. Cheers
Thank you , I apologize also if I come off a smug as Im a very black and white person but my results especially on penalties were so different I had to respond to the thread and by no means Im I saying Im right but I was just trying to explain what statistical results I was getting on near allstar default as Im continually learning about the game and how it is programmed .

As I told Grog as hes testing my sliders even if you dont like EA gameplay on my near default allstar sliders check the stats but of course we all play different so who knows .

I did feel attacked so I was probably defensive with a attitude so I tried to explain by photos , stats and even a slider thread as requested to avoid conflict well I gotta run its my Moms 84 Birthday tonight so take care Jake .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-22-2014 at 11:08 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #399
Yellow n Black

18 eighty 5's Arena

OVR: 16

I actually like the gameplay but it feels like it plays best on Play Now. BaGM feels less smooth with the same sliders. I play on True Broadcast and it isn't as side to side (up/down) as past versions for me. I enjoy taking the puck on defense and passing cross ice between D Men, holding the puck back instead of charging up ice into attack. I don't try any exploit moves, I don't practice for em', I am enjoying moving the puck around and dumping it in to change up my lines.

I slammed this game hard on the EA early access. Didn't like the Xbox One version. Didn't like the lack of features. As it is I don't know what mileage I can get from BaGM, but Play Now is fun and the gameplay is better than it has been. I was planning on staying with 14 on ps3 and using Shogunofharlems edits. The PS4 version and Play Now gameplay suits me fine though.

Point is, this is really only relevant to me. Just like much of what most of us find in this game or any game. I am with those that think there should be more in this version and that the lack of content is not right. Yet, my take on the game is what it is. I didn't like it on Xbox One, like it enough on PS4. That alone probably sounds a bit silly, but like I said, this is my take on my game so it doesn't need to appease the attitudes of anyone else. This is my varied experience with this game. How can anyone tell me otherwise?
Old 09-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #400
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Has anyone seen a blocked shot result in an injury this year?

It used to happen regularly a few games ago (maybe NHL 13?), but I haven't seen it happen once in NHL 15.

The fact that there's no physical repercussions for stepping in front of a slap shot or one timer and taking the full brunt of it in the body is very disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »