Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #417
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Has anyone seen any disallowed goals? I know it was in previous games but I've yet to see one in NHL 15. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #418
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
Has anyone seen any disallowed goals? I know it was in previous games but I've yet to see one in NHL 15. Thanks.
Most are normally good but I did see two disallowed so I would say out of 10 two were disallowed but I havent seen one under review since the Free Content was added ?
Old 09-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #419
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I had one on a kick in from a skate.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #420
MVP

OVR: 15

i just had like 4 good games in a row on superstar.
i put shot power to 3 with accuracy to 2.
accuracy at 1 for cpu.
slapshot speed to 5 with accuracy to 1 for both me and cpu.

pass speed to 0 for both
accuracy to 0 for both

goalie reaction 1 for both
screen effect 5 for both

game speed at 2

acceleration to 0 for both.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:51 PM   #421
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
i just had like 4 good games in a row on superstar.
i put shot power to 3 with accuracy to 2.
accuracy at 1 for cpu.
slapshot speed to 5 with accuracy to 1 for both me and cpu.

pass speed to 0 for both
accuracy to 0 for both

goalie reaction 1 for both
screen effect 5 for both

game speed at 2

acceleration to 0 for both.
Very interesting sounds fun and in what mode ? I been playing the heck out of Playoff mode and Im finishing up a default allstar Playoff setup play as all teams and it plays so different then play now but its super fun and sim though puck physics and gameplay are more like NHL 14 .

First round was pretty tough but as I go further along games are harder to win but I also love how they setup fighting and tweaked it to perfection on who fights and how .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-28-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #422
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Ok Avs just won in OT vs Dallas and their going to the finals in my playoff mode so here are some more impressions and all while play Allstar default and the only change was raising Penalties for both.

I guess I wanna discuss what I heard a few mention here as a scripted feel to this game in modes other than "Play Now " which I kinda agree to a point but I also understand why its needed .

So Dallas at Colo and the Avs come out flying 2 PP opportunities and out shot the Cpu 18-2 in the first but only a 1-0 as Lehtonen like the prior two games let in a early one and then shut the door .

Now I saw this unfold before but not in a bad way as Dallas then change strategies , AI ect but it was fun and very challenging and it played a realistic game of hockey , video game hockey that is .

Well through all the ebbs and flow of the game I won in OT coming down the wing on a weak wrister after killing off two PPs so I must have had the advantage but OT goals are rarely pretty anyways right .

Shots almost evened out even with my 18-2 lead in the first but thats just hockey sometimes and throw in a hot goalie and some tilted ice and it was a very exciting game to play.

But I guess heres my point as many question they cant get the game to play normal ? like they have 2 great games with their sliders and then its junk and thats because all the stuff going on under the hood which youll never control kinda just like the show and its randomness or every game would be the same and I dont think anyone wants that .

Granted I used to hate sports games like this and still cant embrace it in the show but if done interactively and I have some type of influence Im fine with it and actually embrace it in NHL 15 as no real click slider game can reproduce the random types of games I have with solid box scores too .
Well thats my two cents worth and now time to Play for Lord Stanley s Silver Chalice vs the Dead wings no less !

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-29-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:42 AM   #423
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0

My sister got me NHL 15 on PS4 for my birthday on Saturday, so I've had some time to play around with it. I'm really enjoying it so far. There are certainly some problems, but since I mostly stick to Be A GM, I haven't really felt like I'm missing anything significant with this release.

I enjoy the gameplay (though it required a little tinkering with sliders to get it to be less of a goalfest, as many have suggested here). The interface looks nice, but I find that it's too sluggish for my liking. There's something off about working with save files, as if the game is trying to hide something from me behind the curtain, Wizard of Oz style.

I love the presentation, from the sound to the NBC graphics. Unlike with the demo, I find Doc's delivery to suit the game perfectly -- I disagree that it's too slow or laconic. I think they may have also tweaked the crowd noise because I haven't had the problems that I was reading about with the silent crowd. The overall style really looks great, though I needed to make a tweak to my router to fix that weird offline lag problem. (Seriously, what's up with that?)

Overall, I have very positive impressions so far.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #424
Banned

OVR: 27

Have to reiterate how much fun I'm having. I understand some dudes like to bash this game, and a lot of it is warranted, but this game keeps having me come back for more.

I found my perfect set of sliders and I'm using them in the Playoffs mode. I'm finding that this game has a unique feel to every game played; sort of like The Show. What I'm getting at, is that I can have 1-0 defensive battle, or 6-5 shootout. I've never had that feeling in this series before.

Everything before '15, felt more "scripted". It honestly doesn't feel that way anymore.

I'm down 3-1 to the Blues, yet I'm 'happy'. It's a weird feeling for sure...lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »