Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2014, 12:10 AM   #521
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Has anyone had a penalty shot? I was tripped on a breakaway, but no call for a penalty shot?
Ive had one. Ive only seen the CPU get one aswell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #522
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Ive had one. Ive only seen the CPU get one aswell.
Thanks.. so they are still there then, that's good news.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:30 PM   #523
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Thanks.. so they are still there then, that's good news.
Yep. I was so flustered when I got the shot, I threw some weak stuff right at the middle of the goalie's chest.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #524
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Thanks to some good post-holiday trade-in deals, I snagged a copy of NHL 15 for the PS4. I'll be getting my PS4 (weather-permitting) sometime tomorrow and will post up some impressions after I play a handful of games.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #525
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Wife (love her!) bought a PS4 for me and my two sons.
We got Destiny, GTA5 and NHL15.

Due to the PSN attack, I couldn't d/l NHL until yesterday and had little time to play.

But this afternoon I got a whole game in, and so far I'm really enjoying this game.
No more warp-suction board pinning. Beautiful! I also love how after I've leveled a guy, I don't stammer and 'stick' to that player trying to get around them for the loose puck. When I finally do get around the fallen player, he's gotten up and collected the puck himself. Not in NHL 15. Sa-weet!

The gameplay feels a lot more organic and I saw a variety of goals. The CPU is also much smarter.
On one play where it had a 2-on-1, when I went over to cover the open winger, the CPU dove to the middle of the ice and went in for a half-breakaway.
In last gen, they would have stayed to the outside and attempted a pass. In this scenario, Kane went right to the slot and got off a great shot.

Speaking of Kane, he received a nice pass, drove to the net and fired one past Lehtonen low blocker-side.
I made a conscience effort to see if all the CPU players could do the same, but no they couldn't. Guys like Shaw, Bickell and Richards had similar chances and were easily thwarted. The only other player that was able to score from a similar distance was Sharp.
So I was very happy to see that snipers snipe and playmakers thread passes.

The only thing I saw that concerned me was that it appeared players were forced to stop when taking a lead pass in the offensive zone.
Multiple times, I saw guys going to the net with a head of steam, but were forced to stop dead in order to receive a pass.
And in some of these cases, the passes were coming from elite players like Spezza, Hemsky or Daley.

I didn't see it very often, but often enough for me to notice.
Maybe it's my slider settings? Not sure.

I'm going to fire up a GM mode soon and get right into a season with the Jackets.
May start a HUT team too.

So far, loving the NHL15. Definitely feels like 2K2 (as suggested by an early preview I read in September).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2014, 01:07 AM   #526
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Wife (love her!) bought a PS4 for me and my two sons.
We got Destiny, GTA5 and NHL15.

Due to the PSN attack, I couldn't d/l NHL until yesterday and had little time to play.

But this afternoon I got a whole game in, and so far I'm really enjoying this game.
No more warp-suction board pinning. Beautiful! I also love how after I've leveled a guy, I don't stammer and 'stick' to that player trying to get around them for the loose puck. When I finally do get around the fallen player, he's gotten up and collected the puck himself. Not in NHL 15. Sa-weet!

The gameplay feels a lot more organic and I saw a variety of goals. The CPU is also much smarter.
On one play where it had a 2-on-1, when I went over to cover the open winger, the CPU dove to the middle of the ice and went in for a half-breakaway.
In last gen, they would have stayed to the outside and attempted a pass. In this scenario, Kane went right to the slot and got off a great shot.

Speaking of Kane, he received a nice pass, drove to the net and fired one past Lehtonen low blocker-side.
I made a conscience effort to see if all the CPU players could do the same, but no they couldn't. Guys like Shaw, Bickell and Richards had similar chances and were easily thwarted. The only other player that was able to score from a similar distance was Sharp.
So I was very happy to see that snipers snipe and playmakers thread passes.

The only thing I saw that concerned me was that it appeared players were forced to stop when taking a lead pass in the offensive zone.
Multiple times, I saw guys going to the net with a head of steam, but were forced to stop dead in order to receive a pass.
And in some of these cases, the passes were coming from elite players like Spezza, Hemsky or Daley.

I didn't see it very often, but often enough for me to notice.
Maybe it's my slider settings? Not sure.

I'm going to fire up a GM mode soon and get right into a season with the Jackets.
May start a HUT team too.

So far, loving the NHL15. Definitely feels like 2K2 (as suggested by an early preview I read in September).
Great first impression, Hank. I'm a new PS4 owner, too (delivered this afternoon). Still waiting for 2K15 to install (the download was fast but install taking a lot longer) and once that is complete I'll put NHL in the system and download it.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #527
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Well, I attempted to play this game today but after 5 min. I had to turn it off. Why? Constant stuttering. I have a very solid Internet connection and have had no issues with any other game I've played so far.

Anyone familiar with this issue and if there's a workaround? If not, this game won't be sticking around long.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #528
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

Signed out of PSN and disconnected my wireless connection and the game played just fine.

I really like the opening to the game you are about to play. Gives the game an authentic feel. The crowd sounds better.

As for gameplay, not a huge difference from the PS3/360, but I do think skating is improved as well as the physics (still could be refined). Hard to tell from one game, but the CPU seems to play with a little more variety than the previous generation.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »