Home

NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #65
Pro

Clarityman's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 15 Available Now for PS4 and Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellkasey
This is the best NHL game ever made.....in terms of gameplay, visuals, graphics, physics, presentation, etc...

It's unfortunate that the lack of modes and all the stuff that was cut out from the game is stealing all the headlines. (Rightfully so)

When the controller is in your hands and you are playing a game, it's truly awesome. If this is the backbone or foundation that all other EA NHL games will be based upon, this will continue to be in contention for Sports Game of the Year going forward (once the game is made whole again). It sucks that this year the game is missing so much but in 1 year from now, when everything is back in the game, we'll be thrilled. It's just a shame that all the "extras" from nhl 14 were left out. That's the only thing keeping this years version from getting 9/10 and 10/10 reviews from all over the internet. All the great work done on the actual gameplay and whatnot is going to be overlooked this year because of what was stripped.

I typically play OTP and EASHL almost exclusively and I always enjoyed my own custom camera. (All things missing from the game). So while these omissions have me extremely annoyed and disappointed, I can't deny how awesome the gameplay is.
Is it really? Playing on Superstar Hardcore, the AI only managed 2 shots against me in a full 3 period game.

Online though is beautiful. Competitive. Actually plays like real hockey, finally.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 08:02 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane
It's not amazing at all - The gameplay only matters to most people if the modes are there for people to *use* the game with.

Gameplay and presentation are only 1/2 the enchilada
So his opinion is wrong??? This is getting to be comical. I understand people are upset with things left out. But if he, or anyone else, thinks its "amazing" I think he has the right to say it without being told he is wrong. So many are so angry that certain things are left out they are missing out on a pretty good game of hockey.
Go Vikes
Old 09-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #67
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

One thing that is bugging me is goalie stats do not show up during GM play. I'm in game 5 now of my Be a GM and in the intros it shows Quick and Elliot are both 0-0-0 with 0.00 GAA and 0 Shut outs

Edit - My next game is showing stats...maybe its hit or miss?

Last edited by franch1se; 09-09-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #68
Rookie

RD_Helmut's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree with most of the negative posts here. While the gameplan seems realistic, which I like. I also liked last years game play. At the end of the day, who gives a **** how the gameplay is if Im sitting and playing with myself. I want to play online GM connected with buddies.

Let me summarize what I have just witnessed with the game today.

Modes/Features

No GM Connected

No Online Team Play (when this is patched into the game later this year, it will use real NHL players and teams)

No tournaments or Battle for the Cup
No season mode (you can only play seasons in Be A GM, which is limited to NHL teams)

No custom music support - this was an awesome feature

Cannot customize each team's AI

No create-a-team

No way to edit individual players

Gameplay

No custom camera option

No Top 3 Stars at the end of games.

Be A GM

Yearly draft is fully automated by the CPU

Cannot play the AHL games for your chosen franchise

Players sent down to the minors do not accumulate any season stats

No fantasy draft option

Do I need to say anything else? I will be selling the game I just bought today on Ebay and this series has lost me as a fan and buyer. It went from my favorite game (didnt even play madden last year cause of NHL), to buying the XBox One just to play NHL15, to being angry, pissed off and never wanting to support this series. Great Job EA team. **** you! I am also going to short the EA stock after what I just saw. They obviously have a lack of resources to be able to bring a successful series to a new generation console.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #69
Just started!

wolfcola's Arena

OVR: 0

how do you cut players in Be A GM? am I just a huge idiot cause it seems to be hiding from me
Old 09-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #70
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcola
how do you cut players in Be A GM? am I just a huge idiot cause it seems to be hiding from me
There is no cutting players in the NHL. Contracts are guaranteed.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3
It really sucks that they left so much out, but it plays a mean game of hockey. Guess that's the only saving grace.

Hopefully they add all that stuff in soon...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #72
Banned

leafsdynasty's Arena

OVR: 0

I didn't mind the whole missing online part as much as the stuff they left out in GM mode, I mean It doesn't even tell you how many goals a players got in the season after he scores a goal in the game and if it weren't for the beginning of games where they talk about stats it would just be "play now" over and over again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »