Home

Manual passing broken in NHL 15

This is a discussion on Manual passing broken in NHL 15 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Manual passing broken in NHL 15

I think its still there, its just that the difference in speed between tapping and holding down RT isn't as pronounced as it was before. It used to be that tapping RT was an extremely weak, almost tap of a pass. Now its a regular pass, just slower speed. You can still rifle passes by holding it down. I do find it harder to do bank passes off the boards and whatnot, but I think that's more tied to the pass assist setting.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #10
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw333
I think its still there, its just that the difference in speed between tapping and holding down RT isn't as pronounced as it was before. It used to be that tapping RT was an extremely weak, almost tap of a pass. Now its a regular pass, just slower speed. You can still rifle passes by holding it down. I do find it harder to do bank passes off the boards and whatnot, but I think that's more tied to the pass assist setting.
I guess that's also bound to the slider setting "passing power" or "passing speed" or whatever it's called in15?
I know that when I used 100% manual passing, I always had to adjust the pass power to get a good result.

As I said, would be nice with a confirmation from one of our slider fiddlers (if there is any that is actually buying the game).

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 09-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #11
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw333
I agree with this.. although I'm able to bounce them off the boards frequently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #12
Rookie

Gotmilkman24's Arena

OVR: 0

Weird, mine works.. Playing BaP TO
Old 09-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Go to practice session and try to pass from your own end first just tap the pass trigger and the keep it pressed longer. In demo and early access versions both passes went straigh to other end and with same speed. And be sure manual passing is turned on.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Even with Pass Assist slider to 0, there is still some assist that tries to direct the puck to a player. Its extremely frustrating. You want to pass the puck along the board behind the net and the next thing you know your pass is going right in the crease for the CPU AI to snipe a goal.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #15
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2

Has anyone out pass assist at 6? I've tried it on my BAP and it seems like their is less assistance when passing. Maybe it's backwards? Probably just broken lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #16
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyyt988
Has anyone out pass assist at 6? I've tried it on my BAP and it seems like their is less assistance when passing. Maybe it's backwards? Probably just broken lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha ha, that wouldn't be the first time in this series that slider effects have been reversed.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »