Home

Manual passing broken in NHL 15

This is a discussion on Manual passing broken in NHL 15 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Manual passing broken in NHL 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockjaw333
I think its still there, its just that the difference in speed between tapping and holding down RT isn't as pronounced as it was before. It used to be that tapping RT was an extremely weak, almost tap of a pass. Now its a regular pass, just slower speed. You can still rifle passes by holding it down. I do find it harder to do bank passes off the boards and whatnot, but I think that's more tied to the pass assist setting.
I agree with this. I'm on XBox 1.

The passing seems to have HEAVY computer assist, a lot less manual input.

There is still manual input in the passing, but its dumbed down, just like the stickwork in the game. From the handful of games I played, this NHL seems to be made to be new-user friendly, rather than geared towards longtime users.

Although I will say the shooting seems a bit more accurate to where I'm aiming? Or is that just wishful thinking and its the computer assist making me look good? lol
Old 09-10-2014, 07:14 PM   #18
Just started!

Haven't played a lot yet so can't comment on pass speed, but one of the first things I noticed and was disappointed with is the fact I couldn't pass off the boards at all. I hope they fix this as it is a core strategy in the game of hockey.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:29 AM   #19
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

From the demo though it seems the R1 pass seems harder than before (on default, I only have the demo).
Does EA want us to use that for manual passing/board passes?

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 09-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #20
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Thats terrible, glad I didnt buy the game. I cant play NHL or FIFA with auto passing, it ruins the game for me. Whats happening with this series ......
Old 09-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #21
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

This is probably my biggest gripe with gameplay (well that and the insane puck control in traffic). The passes make the game look like pong on speed. Magnetic comes to mind. How I can tap the pass button from my own end and it goes for an icing makes zero sense. Also makes breakouts easy as pie. How did they think this was ok? I only play online so I'm at the hands of EA here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 11:47 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I came to this thread because I too noticed that I could not make a "strong" pass (harder, faster) than a regular pass, no matter how long I held R2. I'm playing PS4.

I'm also playing with the demo, and I am using whatever the default setting is for passing, which I assume is NOT manual. Does that have something to do with it?
Old 09-12-2014, 03:58 PM   #23
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Manual Passing is broken in the full game, even if you have the settings set the way I always play which is:

Manual Passing On
Pass Assist 0
Pass Accuracy 0
Game Style Hardcore
Game Difficulty Superstar

Only saucer passes feel truly manual in this game. If you're using R2/RT to pass, it will be slightly (or sometimes heavily) assisted no matter what. If you want to bank a pass off the boards, be sure to use R1/RB to saucer it off the boards, because that's pretty much the only way to do it.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 09-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #24
Rookie

Okay, I played about 20 games yesterday and have a better feel for the passing.

Conclusion: Really really broken.

First of all, the wind up/charge is completely useless. Never ever bother with it. I even tested it out and my passes were actually stronger if I just tapped the button.

Secondly, there is no passing off boards apparently. I've had numerous problems in my own zone because I like to bank the puck off the boards quite a bit on break outs. Ridiculous.

Thirdly, the accuracy is way off. Numerous times I'm clearly aiming for to pass it to the right side of the player and it will pass to the left side of their body. What annoys me is I like to lead my players with a pass, ie they skate to the right to catch it so I can beat the defenseman, instead they catch it to the left and skate right into a defenseman.

All matches in All-Star, in HUT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »