Home

Manual passing broken in NHL 15

This is a discussion on Manual passing broken in NHL 15 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #25
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Manual passing broken in NHL 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudicata
Secondly, there is no passing off boards apparently. I've had numerous problems in my own zone because I like to bank the puck off the boards quite a bit on break outs.
refer to the post directly above you..

you can bank the puck off the boards, you just can't do it using R2/RT. You need to do it using either a saucer pass or an upward flick on the right stick to clear it off the boards. You need to start thinking of R2/RT as the "assisted pass" and think of R1/RB as the "manual saucer pass". One gives you a lot more user control than the other.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
refer to the post directly above you..

you can bank the puck off the boards, you just can't do it using R2/RT. You need to do it using either a saucer pass or an upward flick on the right stick to clear it off the boards. You need to start thinking of R2/RT as the "assisted pass" and think of R1/RB as the "manual saucer pass". One gives you a lot more user control than the other.
so it totally blows. I hope this wasn't done by design.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:21 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yea I noticed as well I haven't been able to bank it off the boards using the regular pass button. Pathetic.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:39 AM   #28
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
You need to start thinking of R2/RT as the "assisted pass" and think of R1/RB as the "manual saucer pass". One gives you a lot more user control than the other.
Which means they have messed up a slider this year again.
I can see how EA would want people to start using R1/RB for clearing and making board passes, BUT...
If there is a setting that says "Manual passing ON/OFF" and a slider that says "Pass assist" 0-6 and it still gives you an automated assisted pass, there is a clear hit and miss by the developers.

Not mentioning all the missing modes, but why is it that every year there is one or a few basic features/mechanics that are completely broken!?
Hitting, puck control, penalties and now passing, these are some of the core mechanics that have been flawed for the last 5-6 years.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 09-16-2014, 02:53 AM   #29
Rookie

It's strange that so few has noticed this. Everybody are asking EA to create more realistic hockey game and same time they are using auto passing. There is some dissonance. Manual passing in NHL14 was very good after you tweaked sliders a bit and made gameplay pretty realistic if you liked to play realistic way. That's just when playing offline.

I hope and believe that EA will fix manual passing to NHL 15.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

i didnt see this thread , but i noticed the passing was broken the first minute i played the game.
i usually pass behind my net to my other Dman, and with the passing this year, it always goes in front of the net. Horrible. It better be fixed via tuner.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:42 PM   #31
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

This strikes me as a bug, not a design decision. I like the manual saucer, use it quite a bit in different situations, even take flack from OTP teammates for it. But there's no way it should be required to get an true unassisted manual pass when the settings are manual enabled with no assist. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 12:11 AM   #32
Rookie

So it seems that this is not fixed in the first patch so for me this game is still unplayable. Does't guys from EA play this game?

Now that I have tried Fifa 15 which is pure sweetness to play and career mode is light years ahead of NHL series it's very hard to believe that these games are made by the same company.

Please Rammer and other guys who are working with NHL go to visit your Fifa team and ask them how to create a sport game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »