Home

How's Your GM Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your GM Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #89
Rookie

Istorvir's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

While I'm disappointed with the removal of edit player and I cannot wait to get the updated Be A GM draft, I also love the on ice play. It's the most realistic rendition I've played... And I've been playing since NHL 96. I really like the defensive style, the puck physics, and realistic deflections, and the point set ups that you can now work with. The power play feels like a power play and the penalty kill the same. I know the game is a bit of a shell at the moment, but man do I love the actual gameplay.

I plan to start up a Be a GM with my hometown Red Wings and the Florida Panthers... Probably doing Florida first. I like rebuilding .
Old 09-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #90
Rookie

Half-way up the Season with my Pens Season 1

Been playing most of the games, but skipping few back-to-back and boring teams to play against, so maybe about total of 30-35 games of the 41.

Current record is 28-9-4, leading the League with that on 60 points! 2 points behind are the Rangers and Detroit. I been playing with the tuners and been upping the CPU hitting/checking/shooting/goalies constantly till I get hammered, (All settings under ''AI'' have been at Max for a while already), and I think I found a nice set I'm gonna play with till the playoffs atleast. Last 3 games against MTL at Home (Lost 3-2), Boston (Lost 3-1) and MTL at Away (Won 3-2 in OT)

Stamkos leading the league with 59 points in 44 games, followed by JVR and Okposo at 57 points and Tavares at 56. Crosby has 55 points in 41 games, Malkin has 49 in 41, and both have 29 goals in 41 games and are currently sharing the Goal Scoring lead with C. Perry.

I think the goal scoring from Malkin & Crosby is due to how I play the game personally, I seem to score around 70-80% of my Goals with my centers this year in both GM and HUT. And then I score maybe 5 goals total with the D in 41 games..

Although I've noticed that from just counting up the stats boards, there is currently 5 people over 25 goals in 41 games (Crosby, Malkin, Perry, Stamkos, Kessel) and total of 16 people over 20 goals in 41 games, so seems the Simming AI is pretty goal-hungry

Karlsson leading the D-men with 43 points in 41 games, first time probably ever I've seen an Over PPG Defender on the Stats, hopefully he can keep it up!

Oh and D. Pouliot is a beast! I brought him up for 7-8 games when Määttä got injured and he beasted 6 points up on the 3rd line! Most likely gonna trade Scuderi the TurnoverMachine (Seriously, turns the puck over atleast 3-5 times every.single.game) for something and bring him up full-time. I'm keeping him down in the ''AHL'' right now since he actually has been growing in there, and so has most of my prospects! :O

Next up Minnesota, riding an 8-game winning streak, but O. Määttä is returning from his injury just in time

Oh and also I noticed, that the teams just love to play they're backups against you!? I want to play against Rask/Price/Bishop and not some scrubs.. it seems totally random though.

So what I did, I just usually sim one day before the next game, save it, sim to the next game, and if they put they're back-ups in the net for no reason, no injury or no-back-to-back game or such Ill just exit, restart the save from day before and try again. It seems to work sometimes, that they actually put they're real goalie in the net on the 2nd try or so. I usually give it a a few, 2-3 tries and if they insist on keeping they're back-up in the net well then.. Thanks EA, it's in the game I guess
Old 09-17-2014, 05:50 PM   #91
Rookie

Prometheus_X's Arena

Playing as the Stars until I can EDIT players but having fun. Currently 4-3-1 in a very tough division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #92
Rookie

Episode 12 is live !!

Feedback, comments, as always welcome
Old 09-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #93
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomah5
I played game 2 of my nucks gm and after getting smoked out by Calgary I came back and won my home opener. I simply upped penalties to the max and changed from hard core to simulation on all star. I had a better game and hung on for deal life.

Vrbata started the scoring on shot one that beat fasth and bounced behind him and in. I've seen that 3 times so I wonder if it's an issue. I scored two short handed goals on one power play and then held on at the end sealing it with 2 empty net goals.

I attached the box score. I'm concerned with the lack of hitting by the cpu ( edm) but maybe it's just human nature to pound the rival oil. I'm loving this game.
I don't think the CPU hits are accurately recorded. I know they hit me just as much as I hit them.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #94
Rookie

Episode 13, why so quickly ? Because I love you all.

30 minutes of Britishness commentary as well. My first over the game commentary.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #95
Rookie

Prometheus_X's Arena

Is anyone else having freezing issues with BaGM? On a PS4 I've had 4 unexpected errors and the game crashed. It has always been just as the game finishes and it's always been when I've won.

Most recently, I came back and tied Minnesota after being down 3-1 with under 5 minutes left. The game went to OT and then a Shootout where I ended it with a goal by Benn and Spezza. Just as the game was going to show highlights it crashed.

I'm so depressed to have to play this game over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 11:34 PM   #96
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Can someone explain how the new draft will work? Are they CPU generated rookies?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »