Home

How's Your GM Mode Going?

This is a discussion on How's Your GM Mode Going? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #145
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How's Your GM Mode Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconfreak
I'm just curious for those also with Blackhawk franchises: how are you getting around the salary cap? When I saw I couldn't edit the players at all and how much over the Blackhawks were over the cap I had to turn the cap off. And before I played a game I decided I couldn't stand playing a franchise with no cap. To this date I still haven't actually played a single game of any mode while waiting for them to fix player editing.

So how did you guys get around EA screwing up Patrick and Capt Serious salaries that put the team several million over the cap?
I was distressed by this also. Toews and Kane's salaries are both set, incorrectly, at 10.5M for the 2014-15 season. (That's the new contract figure that takes effect in 2015-2016 season.) I didn't wanto to turn off the cap, either, but I did go ahead and turn off previous cap penalties and buyouts. (for the Blackhawks this doesn't amount to much, maybe $60,000). Then I started a franchise and much to my surprise all salaries were adjusted down by about 10-15%. Voila, the Hawks were under the cap, with a little room to spare for the trade deadline or a bottom six free agent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #146
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconfreak
I'm just curious for those also with Blackhawk franchises: how are you getting around the salary cap? When I saw I couldn't edit the players at all and how much over the Blackhawks were over the cap I had to turn the cap off. And before I played a game I decided I couldn't stand playing a franchise with no cap. To this date I still haven't actually played a single game of any mode while waiting for them to fix player editing.

So how did you guys get around EA screwing up Patrick and Capt Serious salaries that put the team several million over the cap?
I was distressed by this also. Toews and Kane's salaries are both set, incorrectly, at 10.5M for the 2014-15 season. (That's the new contract figure that takes effect in 2015-2016 season.) I didn't want to to turn off the cap, either, but I did go ahead and turn off previous cap penalties and buyouts. (for the Blackhawks this doesn't amount to much, maybe $60,000). Then I started a franchise and much to my surprise all salaries were adjusted down by about 10-15%. Voila, the Hawks were under the cap, with a little room to spare for the trade deadline or a bottom six free agent.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #147
MVP

My GM mode is going poorly now, zero wins so far. I'll figure it out sooner or later.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #148
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Is it really that hard for EA to put out a regular season roster update?
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 10-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #149
Rookie

Edmontonoilersfan70's Arena

I'm in a GM Mode and I'm thinking about trading for Oliver Ekman-Larson from Phoenix. I like playing GM Modes realistically, so what should Phoenix get for a fair return in exchange for their young defensemen?
Old 10-20-2014, 01:00 AM   #150
MVP

OVR: 12

Just advanced to 4-2-1 with the Rangers. Was down 0-2 to the Devils going into the third. Zucc's, Nash, and Brassard scored before Kreider got an EN Goal to close the game. Duclair is eligible for return after straining his Hamstring in his third NHL game, but I'm going to keep him scratched to avoid further injury for now.

Goals -
Kreider (4)
Brassard (3)
Nash (3)

Assists -
J. Moore (8)
Brassard (4)
Stepan (3)

Teams 31% on the PP, 66% on the PK.

Third place in the Metro. Two points behind Colombus.
Detroit and Chicago hottest teams right now both 6-1.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #151
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

This is a fun game and I usually love BE a GM but doesn't it seem very plain? The #1 thing I miss is when the announcers actually talked about players and they showed their stats on the year. In previous NHL games when you scored a goal it would tell you the amount of goals the player who scored has. Now it just feels like a "play now" game over and over. No storylines or anything. I'm still going to play and try to make the best of it. I just miss the small things that made it feel like a season.

Anyways I'm my Buffalo Sabres and I'm 3-5-1. Dealing with a ton of injuries because the computer gets giant hits on me all game every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #152
Rookie

Hi

I started my save with the Avs a while ago. I waited for the draft patch to come and now it has arrived. But the thing is that i want realistic gameplay.

I have won a big majority of my games and it doesnt feel so much realistic to me. Im playing on Superstar/hardcore with some tweaks. Any tips? Anyone who has great sliders?

My stats so far: 19-3-2

Doesnt feel right. So if someone could help me finding good sliders i would be very thankful. =)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »