Home

Little things that you would like to see put back into the NHL series

This is a discussion on Little things that you would like to see put back into the NHL series within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #33
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Little things that you would like to see put back into the NHL series

Stanley cup celebration that actually is fun to watch for guys like me the just play offline season or gm modes.

banner raising for cup winning teams in the first game next season.

milestone celebrations, mlb the show does a pretty good job of this.

group celebrations. more celebrations. Dynamic (the word ea loves to use to describe nhl but is the last word i would use to describe anything in this game) celebrations for different scenarios. It takes me out of it when i score in ot and its just a lackluster celebration by the team.

Specific Team intros. I was bummed as a sharks fan to see they took at the sharks skating out of the sharks mouth.

Better crowds. I hate when you score in this game, its just complete silence in the face off circle.

These are just some off the top of my head and i know some have been mentioned before in this thread. Sad thing is i agree with people when they say this stuff wont be touched for a while, if at all. By the way things moved on the last gen console, i feel as though this is the presentation that we will have to live with for 3 years plus. I can see nhl 16 being this exact same game but with all the modes they left out.
Golden State Warriors
Old 09-18-2014, 10:40 PM   #34
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

I would love for this board to eventually have a little things thread much like the shows board. Of course i would rather have gameplay first but its the little things that keep the replay value high and immerse you in a hockey experience
Golden State Warriors
Old 09-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd like to be able to play be a GM longer than 25 seasons. That's a little thing but I guess it's always been there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 02:18 AM   #36
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

All game modes and player edits ! but seriously alls I need is real coaches and real goalie mask designs or a mask design creator .
Old 09-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #37
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

A- bring back in FULL everything that they took out.
B- in NHL 2000 (I think) there was this really awesome feature that allowed you to create cyberfeaces for any and all created players. I want that again. We had it like 14-15 years ago, why not now?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #38
Rookie

Maybe it was on nhl2004? Where you can buy stuff on your office and you can buy better travelling, gyms etc to your team.. I really loved that BaGM mode.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:58 PM   #39
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
First off, this isn't a thread about the missing game modes and what not. That stuff we all know and want, obviously.

This is a thread that lists things that perhaps have been excluded from the NHL series over time that were once part of it, or things that you would like to see included that help with the emersion. The little nuances that are not completely important, but help to really put a game over the top.

I'll start.

• Hats on the ice for a hat-trick
  • Zamboni(s) cleaning the ice
  • Out of town scoreboard
  • Out of town highlights - especially during GM mode!
  • Breaking the glass
  • Players going into the benches
  • Dynamic team entrances -like the oil derrick in Edm or the Shark mouth in SJ
  • Team traditions -like octopus on the ice for Detroit
  • Custom sounds -have to get the consoles to include it first
  • National team authentic uniforms
  • Olympic/Canada Cup/World Cup mode
  • Updated player stats in real time in GM/Season mode
  • More stat overlays in general
  • Dynamic loading screens that show match-ups, team history, a stadium shot, overall record, hot and cold players etc. Anything besides the controller layout
  • Stanley Cup banner raising ceremony on opening night when the cup was won the prior season
  • Team that the player played for along with the year in the stat history for each player
  • 3 Stars presentation on the ice
  • Listing awards won in the stats page for each player
  • Awards ceremony
  • User profile stats -where the complete stat history is compiled for each user and their profile, kind of like an all-time coaching stat compilation

That is what I can think of from the top of my head right now. Please feel free to add to this list. Hopefully it will get noticed and one day we can have all of these things back in the game.

Kind of sad to think that almost all of these things were in EA's own NHL series at one point and have disappeared over the years for some reason or another.
Pretty much sums it up for me.. especially MORE team specific stuff - I want to know where I'm playing!!! Towel man in St. Louis with the starting lineup announced!

Around the league show or at least after periods, go over the highlights from the rest of the league.

Expand the songs.. we need team specific goal songs without having to mess with custom sounds.

Great list though.. well done!
Old 09-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Annnnd hopefully someone at EA sees this list. Some are needed for 16, others can wait until 17 to focus on game modes and gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »