Home

What's the point in even having Goalies?

This is a discussion on What's the point in even having Goalies? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: What's the point in even having Goalies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
@centauris; Lol no. You guys are just whining because you don't know how to prevent your opponent from scoring. Maybe you should practice being the goalie yourself if the cpu ones are not good enough to keep your sorry butt in games

@bigwill; I've played 12 games online and I'm 10-2, averaging 1.18 goals against. Sorry if I feel to relate to all of these complaints about bad goalies.
why do you keep glancing over what centurius is really pointed out? Nobody cares how many games you have won. The real issue are goalies not playing like their real counter parts.

I could care less if lundqvist allows 6 goals in a game. I would love to see him play in his crease all game like he does in real life and have his anticipation be heads and shoulders above other guys.

NOt have him play like the other 30 starters.

you must work for EA cause what are you really defending here? you dont even understand the point OP tried to make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #26
MVP

Lastly sliders will have no affect on correcting these goalies. YOu have to edit the attributes to eliminate the warping and fix the a.i. Even after those edits they will all play the same.

shocking how some dont realize these goalies defy physics...
Old 09-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

sounds like a video game ......this is not real life if some of yall understand this it will get better.....madden,live,nba2k,fifa,pes....none of those play like there real life counterpart....why because its a game.....
Old 09-14-2014, 10:06 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
sounds like a video game ......this is not real life if some of yall understand this it will get better.....madden,live,nba2k,fifa,pes....none of those play like there real life counterpart....why because its a game.....
Yet nba 2k8 did....

All we ask from ea at the least is physics. Have these goalies push off a leg if they need to go cross crease. Or how about differentiating between aggresive and passive goalies? Athletic or blocking types.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:55 PM   #29
Banned

lions67's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
If you played the way that you say you would get scored on more than what you are admitting to because of the way the game is set up.

You can force someone to the outside all day and they can come down and snipe top shelf on the short side by flicking my stick in on a fake and then your goalie will bite hard off the post for some reason nearly every time. They pay no attention to the defensive help they have or the fact that there is no passing option far side, they bite on the pump when it isn't...

You know what man, forget it,. This isn't even worth the key strokes. Take care, enjoy your game and telling everyone how they are wrong and what EA has in the game is right.
you got called out.
play the man.
PROVE IT !
cant just "pick up your ball" and walk away when you get challenged big man.
play him and stream it too.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:09 AM   #30
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

What more needs to be said? At one point he had 2 goals on 3 shots (both cheap "sweeping" Dekes). I'm not sure if I can take anymore of this.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:46 AM   #31
Rookie

Södy's Arena

The goalies feel out of place. The game feels great and all but then you have these goalies that seem to live in the past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 08:53 AM   #32
MVP

Nba2k08 was fun but it still played like a videogame....But yes the goalies need some work.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »