Home

One Timers

This is a discussion on One Timers within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2015, 08:11 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: One Timers

Don't forget, when you lift the stick to take a slapper, you can also pass the puck by pressing R2/RT, it'll trigger the nice Slapshot windup onetouchpass animation. Pretty hard to trigger, but a beauty when you pull it off.

As for getting lefties to the right side of the ice and vice versa: Usually defenders have their position switchen when on Power Play.
I also like to put my best Sniper on LD or RD (depending on his hand) in PP Formations.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:58 PM   #10
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: One Timers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joock
Don't forget, when you lift the stick to take a slapper, you can also pass the puck by pressing R2/RT, it'll trigger the nice Slapshot windup onetouchpass animation. Pretty hard to trigger, but a beauty when you pull it off.

As for getting lefties to the right side of the ice and vice versa: Usually defenders have their position switchen when on Power Play.
I also like to put my best Sniper on LD or RD (depending on his hand) in PP Formations.
I really hope in NHL16 they work on players shooting off of passes, actually just deflections in general. I would love for players to automatically decide to either fire a one timer, or attempt a deflection, depending on their position.

There is nothing more frustrating than having a right handed player in the right side of the slot, facing the goalie, who instead of just taking a hard pass/shot and trying for the deflection, tries to pull of a one-timer and either does that awful floating one-timer, or worse still, wiffs entirely and just stands there like a statue.

It would be nice to either have a situation where i can hold the left trigger when performing a one-timer or standing in front of the net, and the player will automatically attempt a deflection (with which direction you hold the left stick in changing the part of the net you aim for, and your skill and attributes affecting how successful you are).

My biggest frustration with shooting loose pucks/passes in the game is just how terribly the AI handles loose pucks. You can't just 'hit' the puck into the open net, your player has to 'attach' the puck to his stick, before winding up and attempting a shot. In real life, the puck would just be swatter into the net. There would be no possessing the puck, rolling it back, and then trying to wrist it into the open net. Obviously, this sacrifices power and the ability to get good elevation in front of the goalie, but when you have robo-goalies that can dive right and then slide left in the span of a half second, that entire animation causes your player to miss wide open chances. Same for players sliding past an open net. While it's possible to miss pucks, the vast majority of the time in game, your player grabs the puck and momentum pulls him behind/next to the net, where he then fires it uselessly into the back of the net. In real life, they would just attempt to swat the puck into the net while sliding past it, not after they've already missed everything.

Oh, and deflecting dump-in attempts would be a huge bonus. Guys going off on line changes could just try to deflect the puck into the corner while skating off, allowing the guys coming onto the ice to just continue into the offensive zone, instead of bunching up around the blue line like they do now.

Last edited by actionhank; 03-27-2015 at 01:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »