Home

One Timers

This is a discussion on One Timers within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
One Timers

How do you do one timers in NHL 15? I have been having trouble this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: One Timers

I make sure the guy Im passing to is wide open and trigger a shot my hitting up on the right stick as the puck is about to arrive. Ive fiddled with one time sliders and sniped a couple in my last game.

What I can;t get is the re-direct animation that the CPU can get while close to the net.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:05 AM   #3
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

You just have to be in the right position and "shoot" (flick up) before the puck arrives to make a one timer.

If you're playing with position lock, you can also "load up" the slap shot;
Push L1/LB and pull back with your right stick.

Your player will then lift his stick getting ready for a slapper.
New this year is when you do this, your (CPU) team mates will most likely pass the puck to you immeditately, so only do it when you're in position to receive the pass.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 09-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #4
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

I haven't seen anyone do a REAL one-timer in any HUT game yet.. haven't seen ONE person one time a slap shot.. .. plenty of bogus one timer wrist shots though .. nearly always passed from behind the net.

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 09-15-2014, 02:44 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

To trigger the slap shot one-timer animation, you need to have a left-handed player on the right side of the ice or a right-handed player on the left side of the ice.

Basically, you have to reverse the starting positions for all your wings and defensemen. Then you'll be scoring one timers with ease.

If you set your lineup like a hockey coach would in real life, all you'll get are those dumb wrist shot one timer animations that have no power or accuracy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 06:28 AM   #6
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
To trigger the slap shot one-timer animation, you need to have a left-handed player on the right side of the ice or a right-handed player on the left side of the ice.

Basically, you have to reverse the starting positions for all your wings and defensemen. Then you'll be scoring one timers with ease.

If you set your lineup like a hockey coach would in real life, all you'll get are those dumb wrist shot one timer animations that have no power or accuracy.
Yeah,
I've played the demo to death, and usually as player lock on the right wing as the Rangers. 3 out of 4 lines right wingers are "lefties" and I've scored numoerous one timers, even the "manual" ones where I load up the slapper, before my CPU team mate passes. It's sweet.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 09-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung

The worst of all is when you line up perfectly and get a weak backhand flick...ugh, that drove me nuts in NHL14.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:17 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
You just have to be in the right position and "shoot" (flick up) before the puck arrives to make a one timer.

If you're playing with position lock, you can also "load up" the slap shot;
Push L1/LB and pull back with your right stick.

Your player will then lift his stick getting ready for a slapper.
New this year is when you do this, your (CPU) team mates will most likely pass the puck to you immeditately, so only do it when you're in position to receive the pass.
I'm a bit confused with the stick lift thing, i player as a player lock and I press L1 and hold up the right stick but he doesn't left his hockey stick up, any help?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »