Home

defensive ai infront of the net is awful

This is a discussion on defensive ai infront of the net is awful within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
Rookie

ScudDawg's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: defensive ai infront of the net is awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Seems like most goals I give up are immediately after a turnover, it's bam bam 2 sharp passes, in the slot one timer. My CPU defender just lets them skate in untouched.
yeah, it is ridiculous in this game.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Seems like most goals I give up are immediately after a turnover, it's bam bam 2 sharp passes, in the slot one timer. My CPU defender just lets them skate in untouched.
Me too.. and I've actually been taking control of a forward and coming back to help out on defense because if I take control of a defenseman it's one deke then a one timer goal.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #11
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm hoping too, that the defensive AI gets a tuner. Not the 'tuner' they seem to be on currently. Kinda frustrating to see your D men just let an ai forward skate on by. This is my biggest issue with the gameplay. Besides the NZ that is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 11:26 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Try controlling a forward to help the middle part of the ice (Center). let the cpu control your D. tendency once you control Dman - you start running around and give up a centering pass
Old 09-18-2014, 11:53 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I'm hoping too, that the defensive AI gets a tuner. Not the 'tuner' they seem to be on currently. Kinda frustrating to see your D men just let an ai forward skate on by. This is my biggest issue with the gameplay. Besides the NZ that is.
I agree, it's almost like the defensive AI is setup as an X's and O's thing. They know where they should be, it's just that once they get in position, nothing matters after that. It's frustrating because when I am breaking out of my end, I actually see the forwards looking back for the pass, almost trying to anticipate when I will give it to them, however on D, the players just seems to focus on where they should be on the ice and not what to do if things happen.

EA removed the tie-up animation which was good because everytime you went to the front of the net, you were caught in a sequence that took away your ability to do anything. But they also took away our ability to protect that area if the ice. What they now need to do is increase the puck/stick/player collision and allow us to not tie-up the player by basically interferring with him doing anything, but to get in his way so that the puck may not get there, the poke checks are trying to hit the puck, and maybe we can tie-up his stick so he can't get a shot off. Positioning allows players to score and defend, EA has to give us more reward for getting into good positions.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJustyn
Try controlling a forward to help the middle part of the ice (Center). let the cpu control your D. tendency once you control Dman - you start running around and give up a centering pass
It's funny you mention that because there are times when I catch myself chasing the puck and inevitably, there is a pass to the slot where I should be and BLAM, it's a goal.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJustyn
That would be more effective I bet but the issue is the defensive AI is still out right crap and you can never play as defense in your own end. May as well not even play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
It's funny you mention that because there are times when I catch myself chasing the puck and inevitably, there is a pass to the slot where I should be and BLAM, it's a goal.
Same here but sometimes don't have a choice. My teammates don't go for loose pucks so the alternative is to let the cpu control possession and rack up 50 shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »