Home

defensive ai infront of the net is awful

This is a discussion on defensive ai infront of the net is awful within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: defensive ai infront of the net is awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Same here but sometimes don't have a choice. My teammates don't go for loose pucks so the alternative is to let the cpu control possession and rack up 50 shots.
Yup, like I said in an earlier post, the defence plays positions on the ice and doesn't consider anything else, like where the puck or the other team is.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #18
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Fiddling enough, helps.

Ive made my goalie reaction slider higher, their shooting lower, maxed out my poke check.

The main thing is taking control of a big physical defender and Ding up on anyone in the slot.
Yup you gotta play tough D and good position or you will get undressed fast and stay in the lanes eh !
Old 09-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Yup, like I said in an earlier post, the defence plays positions on the ice and doesn't consider anything else, like where the puck or the other team is.
Didn't they advertise how all the ai players are much more aware of everything going on on the ice in 15? How were the ai players in 14 then?
Old 09-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #20
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey87
Didn't they advertise how all the ai players are much more aware of everything going on on the ice in 15? How were the ai players in 14 then?
pylons until you got stuck in the ufo beam tie up. Then you couldn't move. If you jacked the sliders they would intercept everything, but it was more of the sliders working than the AI.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #21
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

You cannot even play as the 3rd guy back and cover the slot or lanes in this game. If you do that your computer defensemen will never go and get the puck and you will be in your own zone. You have to take control of a man and attack the puck carrier and defend his passing/shooting lanes.

And when you do any of that the backside defender will lose his guy nearly 50-75% of the time and the result is a prime scoring chance.

Your only hope is to slider it up and hope it limits their accuracy and chances once the pass finds it way to that prominent area of the ice.

Just another major gameplay flaw that direly needs to be addressed with this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 04:03 PM   #22
Rookie

Are different type of players acting accordingly in front of the net? I mean, does someone like Matt Carkner keep clearing the front harshly while Torey Krug type of defenders are using their stick more? Or are all of them just standing there and watching the opponent skate around?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #23
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey87
Are different type of players acting accordingly in front of the net? I mean, does someone like Matt Carkner keep clearing the front harshly while Torey Krug type of defenders are using their stick more? Or are all of them just standing there and watching the opponent skate around?
There is no discernible difference between players when it comes to AI controlled defenders, that I have found.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #24
Rookie

That's a shame. I guess that's the case for all the other areas of the game too, you just can't see any difference between skilled players and grinders? I bought nhl 14 for 5€ a few days ago, I guess I'll stick with that for now. I started playing hockey games in 1994. If I remember correctly the game was NHL 95 on PC. Back then, you could really see and feel the difference between players. Attributes really did matter. EA, bring that back please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »