Home

NHL 15 Tuner Update Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Tuner Update Available Now, Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 04:01 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL 15 Tuner Update Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by shupirate98
Yep. Same here. No Playstation Plus means no way to download tuners apparently. Sigh.
False, I am Plus and don't get the 1.01 tuner, no one has it...
Old 09-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #74
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yeah, something a bit off. I mean, doesn't make sense that i was abe to get the 'three stars' update without having plus. But need it to get tuner sets? I think you just need to be hooked to the Internet .
Old 09-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have no clue if I have the tuners, but I do have the latest patch. I joined a ranked match and got to the team selection screen but never got a message to download, so I backed out. In the settings I see the options for v1 or Latest, which is what I have always had it set to. I thought someone said under Hardcore for the Latest option that hitting assistance was set to 0, whereas before it was 1 or 2. I verified that was the case for me.

Either way, the two games I played last night did seem a little off compared to the previous 6 or so I had played in BaP. The early games, using personal sliders, the games were very close for the most part, shots were about even and a decent amount for 10 minute periods. Last night however the other team had like 15-5 or so for shots per period. They cycled the puck A LOT compared to previous games and made my AI look like mites. We were able to come back in the first game and send it to OT and eventually a shootout, where it went like 10 rounds. The second game was more of a blowout and we lost like 6-2, but we also had our backup in.

I'm on the Kings and the games were against the Penguins and Red Wings. We had played decent teams prior so these results were a little strange. Who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 12:30 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yeah, something a bit off. I mean, doesn't make sense that i was abe to get the 'three stars' update without having plus. But need it to get tuner sets? I think you just need to be hooked to the Internet .
The three stars update is part of the patch. Everyone automatically downloads the patch as soon as they turn their PS4 on. In the past when there was a new tuner you would be prompted to download it when you started up the game. This year you're not. It seems the only way to get it is to enter an online game which those without plus can't do.

If plus is available for free this weekend that would be all well and good to download the tuner. Except this inevitably won't be the last tuner so when the next one comes we're out of luck. Oh, and I won't be able to be on my system at all this weekend anyway. Again...sigh.

Just for my own informational purposes...is this whole thing of having to have plus to play online new? When I saw on here the way to get the tuner was to try to start an online game I went to do that. And was dumbfounded when I saw I needed plus to even attempt to start an online game which I had no intention of actually playing. Is this a A PS4 thing? An EA thing? An NHL series thing? I'm assuming it's a PS4 thing. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and have never had any interest whatsoever in playing any game online so I guess something like that would have slipped my notice.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #77
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shupirate98
The three stars update is part of the patch. Everyone automatically downloads the patch as soon as they turn their PS4 on. In the past when there was a new tuner you would be prompted to download it when you started up the game. This year you're not. It seems the only way to get it is to enter an online game which those without plus can't do.

If plus is available for free this weekend that would be all well and good to download the tuner. Except this inevitably won't be the last tuner so when the next one comes we're out of luck. Oh, and I won't be able to be on my system at all this weekend anyway. Again...sigh.

Just for my own informational purposes...is this whole thing of having to have plus to play online new? When I saw on here the way to get the tuner was to try to start an online game I went to do that. And was dumbfounded when I saw I needed plus to even attempt to start an online game which I had no intention of actually playing. Is this a A PS4 thing? An EA thing? An NHL series thing? I'm assuming it's a PS4 thing. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and have never had any interest whatsoever in playing any game online so I guess something like that would have slipped my notice.
I was on the 360 last gen, so how things work with PSN, i'm not too sure mysef. But that would sure be a drag if you must have 'Plus' even to get tuners. Because like yourself, i have no interest in on line play either.
Old 09-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
I was on the 360 last gen, so how things work with PSN, i'm not too sure mysef. But that would sure be a drag if you must have 'Plus' even to get tuners. Because like yourself, i have no interest in on line play either.
ive always had a playstation and never had to pay anything to play any games online. so this is a ps4 thing.

i rarely play online, so i would never get playstation plus. my internet is way too slow.

i still think ea has something screwed up, and even those without ps plus will get tuners.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #79
Pro

blueduke's Arena

OVR: 7

I have PS+ and I don't have the tuner. Tried the suggestions here to no avail
Old 09-24-2014, 09:57 PM   #80
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I haven't won a game since the tuner update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »