Home

No crowd chants?

This is a discussion on No crowd chants? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
No crowd chants?

Although the lack of game modes is disappointing, I am really digging the new game play and presentation.

With all the great emphasis on the crowd visuals and reactions, how is it possible that no crowd chants are in this game? Crowd chants, both for the home team and done at an opposing team player make up a huge amount of the atmosphere - particularly at key moments of the game.

I'm really surprised there are no chants. Hopefully they will be added in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #2

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: No crowd chants?

Ya, really hope they fix the crowd noises, cause even on max volume,the crowd is mostly dead. There are crowd chants,but that's really the only noise they make(with exception of noise during goals,and booing someone if they injured the home team player).

Game sound dull playing and just hearing commentary talk and not hearing a single person in the crowd make noise. Those generic crowd noises EA edits in(which make it sound like the speakers in the arena are playing a sound during actual gameplay) need to be replaced as well cause they've been in EA games for several years now.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

One thing that confused me too, even big hits don't cause much of a reaction but some how an interception will lol
Old 09-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #4
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
Although the lack of game modes is disappointing, I am really digging the new game play and presentation.

With all the great emphasis on the crowd visuals and reactions, how is it possible that no crowd chants are in this game? Crowd chants, both for the home team and done at an opposing team player make up a huge amount of the atmosphere - particularly at key moments of the game.

I'm really surprised there are no chants. Hopefully they will be added in.
Absolutely!...The more I play the game, the more I love the gameplay...but it makes me a little bit sad inside that so many of the "little" things are missing from this game (I'm talking aside from the HUGE things that are missing). The crowd noise takes away from the fact that the crowd looks stunning, the lack of seasonal stat overlays during play is also terrible!

I love the MLB: The Show "Little things" thread...perhaps someone at EA Canada should take a quick read through that...

Little things like crowd noise really immerses you into a game - without it, it can feel stale...For anyone who's been to a sold out NHL game, when the home team scores, you can't even hear yourself think. The pandemonium goes on long after the next faceoff....In NHL 15, the fans get somewhat excited, then once the teams line up for the next faceoff...crickets.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I really miss.. "Let's go BLUES!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I haven't heard any team-specific or player-specific chants in the PS4 version.

Both are still included in the Xbox 360 version.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I haven't heard any team-specific or player-specific chants in the PS4 version.

Both are still included in the Xbox 360 version.

I swear i heard one but maybe that's me going nuts. They could easily patch these in if its glitched or not even in to begin with.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_maclean24
Absolutely!...

Little things like crowd noise really immerses you into a game - without it, it can feel stale...For anyone who's been to a sold out NHL game, when the home team scores, you can't even hear yourself think. The pandemonium goes on long after the next faceoff....In NHL 15, the fans get somewhat excited, then once the teams line up for the next faceoff...crickets.
Yes the celebrating by the fans ends too soon. Also the goal horns are pretty short, like maybe 10 seconds. I'd like they to last more like 20 seconds.

It seems like the move to next-gen was a lot of work and left them short of doing many things, like complete game modes and lots of these little extras.

I think for once I am mostly satisfied with the game play - the player AI can always use improvement, but overall everything plays great. So maybe for NHL 16 they can focus on getting the loved game modes back in while also adding all these little touches like chants and momentum based crowds (no crickets after face offs etc).

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »