Home

NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Stars

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Stars within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Sta

I sure hope they announce editing players and full AHL roster control and games in GM. The game seems broken without them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 09:15 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Sta

Looking forward to teamplay and Be a Pro updates, mainly starting off in the AHL or something after the draft. Although by the time that comes out I'll probably be too far into my career to want to start over.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:52 PM   #43
Rookie

Think I found a glitch with the coach feedback... in a shootout it won't let you press Triangle to remove the list, so I can't watch what's going on.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:07 PM   #44
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Ok pretty much what I said earlier about playoff mode as it seems like nothing but a Ps3 port of NHL 14 Playoff mode which is fine but sadly the puck physics and organic gameplay there is in NHL 15 Play now mode is non existent in NHL 15 Playoff mode .

As I said early this mode is very turbo boosted/ momentum based even a forced feeling at times you have to fight through and skating feels all a skewed as I cant move properly ( love that tilted Ice/momentum ) and last year I had to raise attribute effect slider to 5 to diminish it for better skating .

I really hate that Im not even playing feeling with boosting and poor control of my players and its not that I cant beat it but it just feels off and last gen especially after having played play now for a few weeks with real interaction and incredible puck and body physics so I will contact Sean to see if this was just ported .
Old 09-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #45
Rookie

Matt_350z's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Ok pretty much what I said earlier about playoff mode as it seems like nothing but a Ps3 port of NHL 14 Playoff mode which is fine but sadly the puck physics and organic gameplay there is in NHL 15 Play now mode is non existent in NHL 15 Playoff mode .

As I said early this mode is very turbo boosted/ momentum based even a forced feeling at times you have to fight through and skating feels all a skewed as I cant move properly ( love that tilted Ice/momentum ) and last year I had to raise attribute effect slider to 5 to diminish it for better skating .

I really hate that Im not even playing feeling with boosting and poor control of my players and its not that I cant beat it but it just feels off and last gen especially after having played play now for a few weeks with real interaction and incredible puck and body physics so I will contact Sean to see if this was just ported .
I don't know. I only had time for 2 playoff games before my son woke up. However, I thought it played fine. I'm someone that while I played a lot of NHL14, didn't really care for it. I think it's playing just fine in playoff mode personally. I won 5-1 in game 1(Bos/NJ) and lost 2-1 in game 2. I'll have to put more time into it. However, I think the gameplay is far more NHL 15 than anything close to 14.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 2
Exclamation Re: NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Sta

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME

There's no way that Playoff mode uses an entirely different gameplay engine then the rest of the game...
Old 09-23-2014, 11:09 PM   #47
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_350z
I don't know. I only had time for 2 playoff games before my son woke up. However, I thought it played fine. I'm someone that while I played a lot of NHL14, didn't really care for it. I think it's playing just fine in playoff mode personally. I won 5-1 in game 1(Bos/NJ) and lost 2-1 in game 2. I'll have to put more time into it. However, I think the gameplay is far more NHL 15 than anything close to 14.
So your telling me playoff mode in NHL 15 plays no different then play now ? Im playing on allstar and I have no problem winning but its coming off as scripted and the screen is even choppy /like frame rate issue and plays nothing like I did with play now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49
There's no way that Playoff mode uses an entirely different gameplay engine then the rest of the game...
Not a different engine its how its programmed by Momentum / boost like it kicks in and out of Beserker mode with speed boosts ect as advantage when the cpu needs it and all the great puck/check physics and are gone ?but heres better descriptions than mine in bold

It's always been that way. There are hidden streaks and momentum in the game, too. That's why all the slider testing in the world on play now games don't mean jack for GM mode.

Ever notice how you can play 3 games and be on fire or completely suck and then turn the machine off, fire it back up and everything feels different? Yeah, the game is programmed this way. A 82 overall player might be playing at a 87 with how the under the hood stuff works.

Yes, I had EA tell me this years ago when I worked here at OS.
18 eighty 5 likes this. by bigwill33

Agreed. You can totally feel the difference through the controller too. The other team seems to get powerful buffs whilst my team is delayed. Have felt this in back to back games numerous times over the years. The worst was in 13 going in on a big winning streak to play Detroit in Detroit during regular season and the Wings had massive speed buffs, hit protection and almost constant bezerker mode through two periods and then it died off. Period 3 was like a different game.

As it is, with 15, I am treating play now like it's own playoff mode. Gives some imagined context to the games. by18 eighty 5
Last edited by 18 eighty 5; 09-23-2014 at 08:26 PM.
18 eighty 5 is offline Report Post

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-24-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:14 AM   #48
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Yay 3 stars!! Now I can play the game for real, good thing they didn't touch the broken GM logic or the multiple missing features that are in every other sports game because then we wouldn't have this game breaking feature that tells me who scored the most goals in a game. Thank you EA!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »