Home

Does Computer cheat?

This is a discussion on Does Computer cheat? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #9
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Does Computer cheat?

I just think the CPU strategy adjustment comes into play here. It's on 4 by default which allows for some decent change up in strategies, so my belief is when the CPU is down late in the game it goes all out in attack mode.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:04 AM   #10
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I just think the CPU strategy adjustment comes into play here. It's on 4 by default which allows for some decent change up in strategies, so my belief is when the CPU is down late in the game it goes all out in attack mode.
As it should and thats why I have it at 4 and its not all crazy like it used to as you cant still adjust
Old 09-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #11
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzennsbruh
It is a video game trying to replicate momentum and intensity. It won;t be perfect.

Feels like cheating sometimes, but sometimes real sports don't feel fair either.

Just have to take it for what it is and try and not let it ruin your gaming experience.
Very well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #12
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OP maybe this will help explain it as it can get frustrating I understand , so Im in Playoff Mode and Im playing default Allstar sliders 8 min periods no changes except game speed at 0 .

I won the previous game 3-1 with a ENG and now det at Bost and Im Bruins and the game goes back and fourth till Im up 3-2 and then the cpu goes up 6-3 but I battle back 6-5 but lose though I get my only PP with a minute left but I always felt I had a chance and thats alls that matters to me as it mimics real hockey very well at times.

I had a great game and did some of it feel scripted to use a word ? yes but was I cheated ? no I deserved to lose as I lost Momentum after losing a 3-2 at home and I dont think I could have created this on click sliders only .

The goals were all very cool and though a few felt generated I never thought twice about it and when I got my only PP with a minute left that I didnt personally draw , I was cool a PP !

I also lost 3 faceoffs in the cpu zone in that last minute with a good faceoff man dam ! but did I feel cheated no as I took part in a great game and this is why I play on default as the programming is very good IMO .

Even when I had one last chance on a long breakout pass and it bounced over Patrice Bs stick I wasnt upset because I knew I probably blew my chance when I went down 6-3 and nothing stood out blatant/cheap like in prior NHL games .

Hope this helps

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-25-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:12 AM   #13
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Im starting to have my suspicions now.

It's astonishing how many times my skater will be unable to gather the puck while the CPU swoops in. Ive had to up my acceleration by 2 clicks to compensate for the fact all the CPU guys can go past my guys.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #14
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1
Really does the computer cheat in this game or what, unless it just me. It seem like everytime i have a lead in the game, they comeback on me. a few times they don't be it seem like they cheat in this game. it may just be me.
Just like in FIFA, when you score first on the computer, they will go in psycho mode and become unstoppable, then begin their onslaught of goals
Old 09-30-2014, 03:44 AM   #15
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Ive got a couple of bits of video evidence I took from a game. I know these could be seen as bigs, but the fact is the CPU benefits from them 95% of the time is crap.

The first clip is self-explanatory. Perfect pass, and the reception animation doesnt trigger.

The second clip watch as my Penguins player's stick gets to the puck first. Then suddenly the puck magnetises to the Capitals player's stick. This happens a lot. And of those 50/50 pucks, I just assume Ill lose.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 10:44 AM   #16
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

One solution is to stop playing NHL from EA. I know its harsh but it'll save you alot of headache, its not worth it in my opinion. I did it anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »