Home

NHL 15's Tough Season Continues, Has Big Issues in Ultimate Team

This is a discussion on NHL 15's Tough Season Continues, Has Big Issues in Ultimate Team within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15's Tough Season Continues, Has Big Issues in Ultimate Team

“Of course Ultimate Team made it in.”

Internet comment sections were filled with that sentiment once it became clear that NHL 15 would be missing many of its traditional modes and features on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

But much like the Columbus Blue Jackets barely making it into the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs before floundering in the first round, Ultimate Team's mere presence in NHL 15 is the only positive thing that can be said about the latest card-collecting fad.

The mode's present performance deserves no trophy, and certainly won't be bringing any titles back to Electronic Arts' Burnaby studio, except for the infamy of being the worst Ultimate Team experience in sports gaming.

Read More - NHL 15's Tough Season Continues, Has Big Issues in Ultimate Team
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Rookie

moosebaloney's Arena

OVR: 0
Another huge complaint is the obvious money grab of removing benches from HUT, forcing players to purchase injury cards as opposed to healing them on the bench.

As for theblack screen of death issue. The first couple nights of playing was riddled with it, but this last week I haven't experienced it once in about 50 games.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
Banned

tomzennsbruh's Arena

I'm on Ps4 and never had the "Waiting For User Screen' glitch. I have played about 20 Online Season games.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
Rock Band FTW!

murph17's Arena

OVR: 14
i'm on XB1, haven't seen any of these issues. only thing i've noticed is current auction bids - the time left doesn't always update accurately.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Re: NHL 15's Tough Season Continues, Has Big Issues in Ultimate Team

Worst thing about this is that we can now totally forget any hope of them fixing the many things we all were hoping would be fixed as we all know too well that HUT takes center stage with EA and will be the number one priority of any patching or updating. ***Sigh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
Rookie

I bought the nhl ultimate edition because I did have some fun with hut last year, and with the removal of alot of my go to game modes I thought I would be even more involved in hut this year. However the mode is so chunky and just thrown together I have no desire to play it. It really feels like a place holder in an alpha build of the game. Small thing like auto best line feature is sorely missed and the horrible menu interface and speed makes that even more of a drag. I'm hoping there is a significant patch to hut even if it is just for a better layout and speed. Sad to see the best playing hockey game on ice (in my opinion) completely destroyed by lack of game modes and execution on the modes they have in.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
I really enjoy the game on the ice - but the lack of modes really stinks. Then, to top it all off - the modes they did include are very stripped down.

I'm glad I bought a physical copy so I can trade it in at some point. I'm sure the game will show up for free on EA access next summer.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 15's Tough Season Continues, Has Big Issues in Ultimate Team

yep. I can barely get into a game or finish a game in UT. And no, this doesn't happen in other games.

I'm so close to trading the game in. it's so frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »