Home

TV fix for bluriness

This is a discussion on TV fix for bluriness within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #9
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: TV fix for bluriness

Will it make the other games look worse by doing this. Can I leave on like this all the time and all other games will look exactly like before.?
Old 10-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgiordano
Will it make the other games look worse by doing this. Can I leave on like this all the time and all other games will look exactly like before.?
Your other games will be fine. Most games use the RGB/Full color space.

Movies on the other hand use the Low (or Limited) color space along with the Y setting.

You guys, check your hdmi black level setting on your tv too.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Actually when I went to play Shadow of Mordor the brightness/contrast test it gives at the beginning was way off because I had left the hard coded setting for NHL 15. When I set it back to auto the Mordor brightness/contrast test looked correct. So going by this it looks like this setting will affect other games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 05:21 AM   #12
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
Actually when I went to play Shadow of Mordor the brightness/contrast test it gives at the beginning was way off because I had left the hard coded setting for NHL 15. When I set it back to auto the Mordor brightness/contrast test looked correct. So going by this it looks like this setting will affect other games.
Yes,
It will effect other games and Bluray.
But rememebr it all depends on how you're TV is set as well.

I'm quoting myself here from an earlier thread:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...parison-7.html
Quote:
You guys should try the PS4 different RGB settings. Simply changing that could be the first step.
I'd say that the setting "LIMITED" is the best and most versitaile one (EDIT: Depending on source and display).

But if no good, set it to "full" and load this image in yr PS4 browser.

http://www.nicolaspeople.com/ch3roke...llrgb_test.jpg

You should be able to see the difference of every black box on that pic. If you can not see them all your TV & PS4 isn't calibrated properly.
Quote:
There's really no easy answer, as it all depends on the set you have at home as much as the actual settings of yr PS4, Game and TV.

Your TV might also have a similar setting for RGB; "Full", "Limited" etc. (Edit: Never mix the two settings; i.e. full on PS4 and Limited on TV or vice versa).
And while it might be easy to think that "full" must always be the best, that is not the simple answer.
Quote:
While there's nothing wrong with going through your settings as described (remember whatever setting you choose, both yr TV and PS4 should be on the same setting, never mix Full with Limited or vice versa)I think that the slightly "washed out" colors and "fuzzy" image some people are describing is a choice made by EA.
The simple answer is (in my case the demo) on the choose team screen.
When you choose team, the controller is showing up in a red crispy manner, whereas the player models in the background are more of a neutral (life like?) pallette.
I think this is EA striving in trying to replicate the broadcast feeling, with real colors, motion blur and heavy use of anti-aliasing.

I can see where people are coming from, but in my opinion (a video-/audiophile) I think the game looks great! Most people though - from my experience - like to have games and film with over saturated colors that makes your eyes bleed.

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 10-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #13
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

How do you know if your tv supports full? Thx.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #14
Pro

JezFranco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
How do you know if your tv supports full? Thx.
It should have a setting for it... "RGB setting" or something like that.
If it's a newer flat, HD telly it should be allright. Sometimes "full" is called "enhanced".

Basically what "full" is, is the support of a color system used by PC's and Videogames.
A big problem is that since the two settings are poorly named "Full" and "Limited" most people thinks that full must be better, since no one wants limited colors on their TV.
But really it's just two names.

Basically a TV should always be set to Limited, as a TV is made for movies and TV, and for gaming it converts the signal anyway.

What's being discussed in this thread is basically forcing/tricking your TV to show a darker picture than intended. Weither that is a good idea or not, I leave to each of his own, but long story short you're going to loose details, even if you get a picture that is darker and is at first glance regarded as "better".

Thank you EA - This game is officially better than sex
Old 10-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
Don't mess up your TV just for this pile of poo poo of a game. All the other PS4 games look just fine with the regular tv settings. It's not your tv's fault that the NHL team does not know how to program for PS4. Don't ruin your experience with the other games just because of NHL .
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »