Home

Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice

This is a discussion on Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 05:11 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice

It seemed like you weren't being constructive anymore, and it was just plain repetitive bashing. However, I'm not a Mod, so I'm going to 'stay in my lane', and stay out of this from here on out.

Some people like the game, some don't. Fair enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #42
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

One area that desperately needs updating is the sound effects. They are very, very stale. The sound of skates, the sound of stick on puck, the battle on the boards. Some of the sound is just bizarre. Im looking at you backhander.

The video below has some really clear sound FX. Have a listen, and then compare to NHL 10-15.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #43
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

I am wondering for those who find this NHL a thrill on-ice despite of the glaring issues after this recent tuner, how do you find this game now?

Made an improvement? Made worst?

IMO, latest tuner made this more aggravating to play. Trade this game (i got it for free) for $33 and put it in to another sport title coming in few days. The only thing I am grateful about this tuner.....made it easy for me to trade the game. I was really hoping that EA would address the issues but they made it worst.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #44
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

It was a thrill at release.. but after patches/tuners - I want to throw my controller at my TV most of the time. I will continue to tweak.. but they will just release another patch to screw everything up again.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 27
Despite Its Issues, NHL 15 Is Still a Thrill On-Ice

I knew going in that this game would be stripped down, but I'm still having a blast. I've been a member of this site for over 10 years, and the one glaring constant that I've gathered here in that time, and more than anything, is that gamers first and foremost, want excellent gameplay. Obviously most people want the whole deal, but if the gameplay isn't there, then what's the point?

Not saying the on-ice product is perfect, but for a first year effort, it's pretty damn good. Rock solid foundation moving forward. Even with the tuners and updates.

The one thing I'd like to see, is that they take a page out of 2K's book, and give the player options to either make it super-sim, or arcade. Give more different types of gameplay options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 07:01 AM   #46
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Yes it is simply incredible especially after I stopped using the latest tuner : and went back to the V1:00 man like night and day difference and I thought is was the patch.

Just started a second cup series Wash me vs Pitt and had two overtime games and the series is 1-1 and both Sid and Alex O scored the OT winners !
Man this game oozes hockey and Alex got a two for hitting Sid !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NHL® 15_20141006044811.jpg (366.2 KB, 116 views)
Old 10-07-2014, 07:45 AM   #47
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
I knew going in that this game would be stripped down, but I'm still having a blast. I've been a member of this site for over 10 years, and the one glaring constant that I've gathered here in that time, and more than anything, is that gamers first and foremost, want excellent gameplay. Obviously most people want the whole deal, but if the gameplay isn't there, then what's the point?
On that same token if there is nothing to keep me playing the game beyond the gameplay, what's the point? I would say most people here want the overall experience, gameplay is a part of that but the other modes are just as important. For some they are even more important.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #48
Just started!

OVR: 0
It's a shame no one was this willing to give the NHL 2K series a chance when it was a bare-bones game that, honestly, provided a much better on-ice experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »