Home

NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #97
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Turning down game speed to 2 seems to help with the crazy hitting and what not.
I play with game speed on 0 and its still very bad.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #98
Rookie

MaddenGamer7778's Arena

OVR: 0

gameplay feels awesome.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #99
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I hear ya. I really want to like this game, but too many things are frustrating.

I have no issue with playing against a team that gets a run on, but it feels like there is nothing we can do and feels completely cheesy. Grinders nailing one times like they are all stars etc.
I keep playing.. but I'm just not giddy about it at this point.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #100
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
How can I have a good game and then lose 7-1 with one timers going in for the CPU like Gretzky was out there in him prime?

I really want to like this game.. but I'll have great, fun games and then games where the CPU and comes out in the first minute and scores and from there I know it's going to be a 6-2 game.

I just feel like the game has already been played by the AI before you actually play the game. In other words, I don't feel like I have any input on the outcome.. and that's odd because I've never felt like this with 14 or earlier versions.
Like I told you Mizz havent seen this crud in a few years as its just the built in randomness just like the show uses so know two games are the same .
So if the game starts crazy you better hit someone or start a fight to then balance momentum .

It funny most of this was toned down for NHL 15 as I was mentioning on release but now Baa7serker mode is back so why did EA go back to this ?

and my guess is for online play because why would you gimp or remove all the new puck and player physics that most thought was great .

If I recall the only way to limit or control this is to drop a skill level and lower hits , power, control ect .
Old 10-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #101
Rookie

OVR: 2

After playing around with this update more, I'm glad I am not the only one having issues with CPU One-Timers. My problem is that they seem to be scoring easy goals and my goalie just doesn't use the right animation most of the time. Seems like our goalie A.I was dumbed down and the opponent A.I is the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #102
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49
After playing around with this update more, I'm glad I am not the only one having issues with CPU One-Timers. My problem is that they seem to be scoring easy goals and my goalie just doesn't use the right animation most of the time. Seems like our goalie A.I was dumbed down and the opponent A.I is the same.
I still think it was done for online but people should be careful for what they ask for as now we have NHL 12/13 that used Intimidation back then through hitting , fighting and enforcers to tilt the ice which isnt really viable in modern new NHL hockey .

Now dont get me wrong its still playable most of the time but at key moments your just blocked out and what you try to do is limited till the cpu gets what it needs .

I never saw a game do this with a update as it went from NHL 15 real physics to maybe NHL 12 ? really bad and has anyone noticed the magical bouncing corner puck is back gonna test later and leave some more impressions

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-03-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #103
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

thank goodness i didnt dl.the patch....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-04-2014, 02:57 AM   #104
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I find them to be awful, sadly. Passing is one of the most fun aspects in hockey, to me. I pride myself on my vision and creativeness, both in real life on the ice and in this NHL series, and this game doesn't let you replicate true passing at all.

I play 90% of my games online and cannot alter sliders, but even offline with adjustments it just isn't there this year. They (EA) haven't said much on anything, let alone passing issues. I am assuming it just wasn't possible with the new puck physics, or something, to get true manual passing into the game. And with everything else on their plate I would doubt that it gets addressed in NHL 15.

I accidentally pass back out of the attacking zone about 3 times a game now. Trying to hit my point man from the wall with a pass while I am in the attacking zone is a crap shoot. Cycling the puck is cumbersome. Going d-to-do is not awful, but could use work. And breaking out and using the boards for a bank pass is non existent in NHL 15 for next gen.

I can't see how it could be said that the gameplay is so great in this game when one of the major facets of that is pretty much broken in manual passing. I guess I hope that it is fixed for next year, but I am sure most people will settle for it just being back to the way it was in NHL 14. Eventually this list of "needs-to-be fixed" will heavily outweigh the "have time to address" or "are competently staffed" that is needed and the fear I have is that a good chunk of what plagues this game will not be touched or improved upon. I mean they are already playing catch-up with the game just to get it fully featured, that doesn't allow for a whole lot of refinement or new improvements. At some point you dig yourself too great a hole to climb out of, right?
I cant pass anywhere consistently and the goalies cant pass worth a damn. ill be behind my net and the goalie just seems hell bent on passing it out front in the slot no matter which direction im holding on the stick.

ive seen less open one timers in front of the net thankfully. Unfortunately the super goalie issue kills this game for me now. I consistently out play the cpu with time of attack, hits, shots, pretty much all stats across the board except for score. my goalie is average at best and every cpu goalie has the game of his life. what really sucks is most games im playing the back up. last 5 games were all the back up goalies. anyone else seeing this? Justin Peters put on a clinic which made me frustrated but I thought ill try one more game and that Griese guy just made me rage quite stoping 40 of 41 shots where I lost 4-1 with the cpu getting 23 shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »