Home

NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2014, 03:39 AM   #105
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

Impressions Im rested and Im just gonna try to play it as a hockey video game that ea updated and I wanna beat it at all costs and dont care what looks right or wrong for now with a unbiased opinion with just the facts .

Im Van at Ana in playoff mode on allstar default 8 min periods no changes except penalties maxed as I first wanna play it as EA NHL meant .

First thing I noticed was the sign fan by penalty box is gone ?

The AI really upped the defense across the board and I kinda like the aggressiveness on the fore and back check though it comes off as cheap at times but Im focusing on its just a video game I wanna beat at its own game .

Im trying to keep hitting equal so kinda like real hockey you hit me I hit you and that seems to keep balance .

Physics that were originally in NHL 15 have left the building on this update at least on default and its 2-2 after 2 periods as I threw a puck on net the net with .04 seconds left in the 2nd period and scored something I have never had in these many years .

Its a good game so far even though all 4 goals were AI generated on chances and little hu skill or achievement and all stats are equal accept toa as I almost 4 to 1 difference .

At key moments nothing feels organic as I had 3 guys by a puck and I couldnt get any to pick it up and my last d man went in a half moon instead of right for the puck ? cpu then swoops and scores and Im down 3-2 4 minutes left in the game and 5 AI feeling generated goals .

Passing is also hit or miss as needed speed up slow down , suction , intercept at will with no control , but what I do like is the cpu is always on you boosted or not it adds a real hockey feel, keep your heads up boys .

Well I lost 3-2 as I had a few chances but had weird bouncing pucks and shenanigans from past games at the end and just like I said about mlb why even play if what you do means little at key moments to force some type of sim outcome .

So I guess EA did listen to the few gameplay complainers after all as stats are pretty good and realistic except toa ended 2 to 1 but trying to play on default is now a un interactive scripted experience .

I wonder how I will do with a great Hawks team next ? will the skew be different and will I be given freebies ?
So I will change back to classic view and try again but I may have to change key sliders to remove the boost and scripted feel .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-04-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 03:57 AM   #106
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Oh and one more thing.

Your CPU teammates have completely forgotten about the offside rule
Old 10-04-2014, 05:20 AM   #107
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Ok Minn at Colo me playing like I did above and I finally earned my first goal on a screen 5 minutes in with Landy and I will say stars have been scoring most goals 1-0 Avs as I seem to get a good advantage after big hits (momentum changers ).

So Im gonna study what the cpu is gonna do being down 1-0 and 5 minutes later after multiple great 1 dekes its 1-1 as I missed Nino with 3 different checks so maybe raise hit assistance as its so frustrating to time it and get nothing as cpu flys around as I try to stay in position .

Ok now 3 generated penalties and I have a 4-3 PP as you really just have to react to what unfolds and be a opportunist but cpu defensive AI has improve as guys are on me all the time kinda like real hockey especially around their net and neutral zone.

Goalie passing is also really bad now as you will pass it right to the cpu regardless of your intentions as it will go towards them magnetically and away from you, and you will pay lol now down 2-1 but out shooting and playing them 17-6 So score as needed is back .

Late in the 3rd 1 minute left and Im out shooting cpu 33- 8 and cpu gets a generated tic tac toe goal as my cpu controlled players are nowhere after a momentum boost mugging goal by the cpu 3-1 cpu and then a backwards eng from center 4-1 on 10 shots .
But wait the AI let me crush a guy on a check so then on the other end after checking me all night the cpu d lays off and lets Landy score and its 4-2 32 seconds left .

Lost 5-2 and out shot them 34 to 11 TOA me 10 to them 3 so I guess if the game is now gonna play like nhl 12, 13 or 14 I will need to gimp the sliders but just so many choices but I need to lose the cpu scoring at will stuff .

Overall I like the aggressive in your face AI now but I loath the generated scoring feel so I will now attempt to lose the boost but games are so random I will need tons more testing and possible move to pro for more normal gameplay as everything is generated from intimidation factor and big hits to get the tilted ice in your favor .
What a year boys well good Luck and Im sure another update will be coming soon and maybe they will bring back physics ? but if not I think I can learn to love it this way too as something keeps drawing me back like I wanna beat the AI at its own game .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-04-2014 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:27 AM   #108
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME

Lost 5-2 and out shot them 34 to 11 TOA me 10 to them 3
Dude, ouch.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:07 AM   #109
Rookie

reth316's Arena

OVR: 5

Played a few games now since patch. Have to say I'm so disappointed in this game overall. After last tuner update things were ok but now goalies have gone to being pathetic again, cpu hits are a joke and don't get me started on the passing. I honestly don't think the guys at ea check gameplay before releasing these patches. If they do then they don't understand hockey.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:27 AM   #110
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

If this game is frustrating you all, have a read through this twitter page. It will cheer you up.

https://twitter.com/SidneyCrosbyEgo
Old 10-04-2014, 06:41 AM   #111
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Dude, ouch.

It was 2-1 till a minute left and I had a TOA advantage of 10 minutes to 3 minutes but once again on allstar default in playoff mode they can score at will and alls I can do watch as they use morphing dekes and speed boosts ect and I cant even trip them or take a penalty unless theres enough time left .

I could care less win or lose but its the how this stuff unfolds after the update which is rough but at least I know its playing like NHL 12 13 or 14 so I can make slider adjustments but thats not the point as they made gameplay scripted and took out amazing puck and player physics and turned it into nhl hitz what a waste .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 06:47 AM   #112
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
Played a few games now since patch. Have to say I'm so disappointed in this game overall. After last tuner update things were ok but now goalies have gone to being pathetic again, cpu hits are a joke and don't get me started on the passing. I honestly don't think the guys at ea check gameplay before releasing these patches. If they do then they don't understand hockey.
Yeah its disappointing and you can turn down hits but then it screws up the aggressive defense they added to the update where the cpu is always checking and then you have bumper car hockey and then you gotta adjust another slider ect .

Well I have to find my sliders from a year ago to lose this big hit momentum stuff as the catalyst as it causing all this crazy randomness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »