Home

NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #129
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 15 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included

Yep, the berserk mode is very frustrating. And many times now has really spoiled the feel of some fun tight games i've played in my BEAGM. Feels very cheap, imo.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:57 PM   #130
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Yep.. I keep playing in hopes of getting that NHL 13-14 feeling again (minus the basketball bounce in 14).

The CPU just seems to go into catch up mode every freaking time I have a lead, my hair is turning grey because in the last 5 minutes of a game I know I have to hold on for dear life and then I usually end up taking a penalty.

Up 3-1 vs Arizona in my last game, cruising along and in the last 4 minutes they get a goal to cut it to 3-2 and then I score, it's 4-2 and they score again about 30 seconds later and get the tying goal with 24 seconds left. In OT with 14 seconds left, they score to win the game 5-4.

I'm going to learn to change my strategies as I'm used to the AI doing it for me.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #131
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yep, the berserk mode is very frustrating. And many times now has really spoiled the feel of some fun tight games i've played in my BEAGM. Feels very cheap, imo.
Hi how where you doing before the update in beagm I never played it , does it play different then play now and other modes ?

This is nothing like I bought a month ago but I did lower down to Pro level in playoff mode and its very manageable so at worse I can make the cpu tougher on pro and I do see some penalties.
I can probably move up to 9 or 10 minutes periods do to the update as shots and scores are super lower now do to the improved cpu D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #132
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Ok Im done and I hope I can video it as the CPU AI went into boost mode so i checked them hard twice and then went the other way and as I hit center ice the frame rate change so I shot the puck from just inside the blueline on a semi screen past a super hot quick and scored .

I mean theres no slider for this tilted Ice crud and now I beat the skew as Im up 2-0 so Im figuring one cpu score to break the Shutout and then I get a ENG .

UPDATE : Ok won 3-1 but no eng and all 4 goals were generated so next I will have tone down hitting and that will limit the boost .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-04-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #133
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
This has been an issue for years. The online gamers cry fowl because guys exploit aspects of the game so EA patches the game to cater to the online gamer thus destroying offline play. In addition to making the game arcadey, every player now basically seems to have the same skill set, I can skate end to end and deke with Tanner Glass as easily as I can with Rick Nash. 4th liners are scoring way to much. EA has historically gotten this wrong and the ratings are as broken as the sliders. The patches just magnify it so that online gamers can have equal skilled players on the ice. Thanks to no player edit we can't get the awesome revamped rosters that went a long way in fixing this.
Rinse, Swish, Spit then repeat thats the formula of EA....and Im glad that they made the tuner 1.03 to further expose their lack luster production of NHL. EA really need to apologize to the consumers especially thos who bought this year product.

Even those gamers that find NHL 15 a great game are now, as I am reading their post, are finding this recent tuner did more damage instead of improving NHL 15. Feel sorry for you guys.... who devoted so many hours in developing sliders that were waisted by this tuner.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #134
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

I've actually enjoyed this tuner. It had made playing defense (both online and off) more effective for me.

It feels like sticks are more active in passing lanes. Definitely having better games.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #135
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Wish I could say the same thing.. scoring is really high after the patch for me. Fourteen total goals in my last game. I haven't seen anything under 5 total goals yet. I keep dumbing down the game via sliders, but I've never had to work at it like this with any of the previous versions.

Something just isn't right with the game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2014, 02:44 PM   #136
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Hi how where you doing before the update in beagm I never played it , does it play different then play now and other modes ?

This is nothing like I bought a month ago but I did lower down to Pro level in playoff mode and its very manageable so at worse I can make the cpu tougher on pro and I do see some penalties.
I can probably move up to 9 or 10 minutes periods do to the update as shots and scores are super lower now do to the improved cpu D.
Hi. I believe that the game played better in 'Play now', than in my GM mode. With both modes at default hardcore. Including more teammate ai help in Play now. At least pre- 1.03.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »