Home

Rebuilding

This is a discussion on Rebuilding within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Rebuilding

Hey guys. I come here in favor of some tips. I recently got NHL 15 and started up a GM with my Flyers. One thing I would love to do is help rebuild, get guys like Subban, Bobrovsky, Ekblad, other young players like that. My question is how do I know who to trade and make good trades. I know I will have to give up good guys, but it's hard for me to let go of the good players. Also, is there player growth. And how else can I rebuild this team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
Rookie

Nicker_Bopper's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rebuilding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedal180
Hey guys. I come here in favor of some tips. I recently got NHL 15 and started up a GM with my Flyers. One thing I would love to do is help rebuild, get guys like Subban, Bobrovsky, Ekblad, other young players like that. My question is how do I know who to trade and make good trades. I know I will have to give up good guys, but it's hard for me to let go of the good players. Also, is there player growth. And how else can I rebuild this team
I can understand how it's hard to give up good players. I'm am a huge Pens fan, and in previous versions of the game had to give up a couple good players to both follow the cap limit and to get the roster that I wanted. Getting rid of Malkin was REALLY hard on me lol.

When it comes to rebuilding, you have to be open to anything. Explore your options through free agency if there is anyone there that can fit into your lineup. Also, go through and make a list of players that you want, write them down and keep a list. After that, look around for similar players that you may be able to get for a little less (such as a slightly lower overall).

Hopefully all of this makes sense. I tried to think it through as well as I could, but I'm not always the best at putting my thoughts into words.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedal180
Give up guys who won't help you in a 3-5 year run (Mark Streit, maybe Steve Mason). If you can give up a guy like Giroux and get a huge prospect package in return, don't be afraid to pull the trigger. In addition to acquiring prospects, you are likely to get a top pick if you have a bad roster.
Good luck!
Old 10-15-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

One of the downsides i noticed in the NHL series was the lack of feedback or negotiating with free agents. You're kind of forced to just throw stupid contracts at Free Agents to get them to sign.

I was trying to get Stastny last season after getting knocked out of the playoffs, and i offered him a contract, but instead of getting any real feedback on the offer, or a negotiation period, he just re-signed with Colorado without any real notice.
I would love to have rumors about players not wanting to sign with their team, or testing the waters. It would be nice to try and sway players to join you, and have to possibly risk losing on your current players re-signing at the effort spent signing a free agent.

As for the OP, i always think it's fun to play Be a GM with a team that i don't normally use. I started as Toronto because when i don't play as my favorite team, I'm not afraid to trade big players for needed spots. (Don't worry Leafs fans, i brought Stamkos home.)
Old 10-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

The cheapest in terms of trade value but the more difficult way to do a rebuild through the draft, You trade away guys who you dont want or just aren't cutting it for 1st round picks and 2nd round picks and rebuild that way. Also look for FA with potentail cause they could breakout for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymayhem
The cheapest in terms of trade value but the more difficult way to do a rebuild through the draft, You trade away guys who you dont want or just aren't cutting it for 1st round picks and 2nd round picks and rebuild that way. Also look for FA with potentail cause they could breakout for you.
I haven't made it to the draft yet. Are there any NHL ready prospects? If not, how long before they can hold their own at the NHL level and how much will a meduim or high prospect progress and for how many years will they progress?
Old 10-16-2014, 01:40 PM   #7
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I haven't made it to the draft yet. Are there any NHL ready prospects? If not, how long before they can hold their own at the NHL level and how much will a meduim or high prospect progress and for how many years will they progress?
Not to sure with this game really and the only nhl ready guy i think is Mcdavid but there are a few Elite talents that should at least be nhl ready in a year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »