Home

Progression

This is a discussion on Progression within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2014, 10:04 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Progression

Does progression depend on playing time? Will a player on the 4th line progress the same as he would on the first or second line?

Does performance impact progression?

Does a players rating - high, medium, low - ever change?

At what age does a player start progressing and at what age does a player begin to regress, and how fast does a player regress?

Thanks.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:37 AM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Progression

Who knows any more? Certainly doesn't seem to be based on performance. Seems to just be based on their potential grade and other formulas that make little to no sense at all.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
Rookie

infernoisdead's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm not sure if it's the same in this game as it was last year, but playing players within their role is a pretty big factor on progression. Taking a young player who is a 3rd line scorer and shoving him into a 1st line role won't help him progress and may hinder it.

This isn't the case 100% of the time, but from my experience it has been more effective than not
Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

If they don't improve, what's the point in getting young guys with lots of promise. Also how come whenever I scout I can never find any good players, they are all minor leaguers
Old 10-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoisdead
I'm not sure if it's the same in this game as it was last year, but playing players within their role is a pretty big factor on progression. Taking a young player who is a 3rd line scorer and shoving him into a 1st line role won't help him progress and may hinder it.

This isn't the case 100% of the time, but from my experience it has been more effective than not
Thanks. How about if you leave them in the "minors"?
Old 10-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
Rookie

infernoisdead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Thanks. How about if you leave them in the "minors"?
On last gen for players in the minors it will say "MinSc" or "MinChk" for their potential, I think. In those cases I just interpret that as minors top 6 and minors bottom 6. In the current gen game I just throw those guys in minors and I've seen one player have an attribute go up by +1 after a few weeks into the season. So I'm assuming that's the way to go with that.

For depth forwards and defensemen, I usually make them a 4th line or 3rd pairing player, or scratch them.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoisdead
On last gen for players in the minors it will say "MinSc" or "MinChk" for their potential, I think. In those cases I just interpret that as minors top 6 and minors bottom 6. In the current gen game I just throw those guys in minors and I've seen one player have an attribute go up by +1 after a few weeks into the season. So I'm assuming that's the way to go with that.

For depth forwards and defensemen, I usually make them a 4th line or 3rd pairing player, or scratch them.
Thanks for the reply.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »