Home

NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1)

After a delayed and protracted PR schedule, people are finally getting to play NHL 15 on Xbox One and PS4. To say that there has been a lot made of the missing EASHL and other features would be an understatement. Fans have made their feelings known that the absent features and modes are going to impact purchasing decisions, while EA has remained steadfast in their belief that the game will stand on its own merits and make people believers (well, only for so long, as EA plans to patch in certain elements).

After playing the game for some time, three things remain clear in my mind: this is the best-looking version of the game to date, it plays very well, and it’s not worth the full asking price.

Read More - NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1)
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15: Reviewer Impressions (PS4/XB1)

Yep.

Looks great, but too much stripped out to justify the price tag.

I really don't get why they didn't do a $29-$39 for just this year to make up for that fact.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Is there a review embargo by EA??? I am pretty sure there is since we canīt see any final review so far, even with review copies already sent to the media...

EA is really playing dirty, as usual...
Old 09-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
Tragic really! I'm thinking the game scoring 6 at the most.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honome
Is there a review embargo by EA??? I am pretty sure there is since we canīt see any final review so far, even with review copies already sent to the media...

EA is really playing dirty, as usual...
Yes! There is actually. That was the condition that reviewers had to accept to get an advance copy. (No reviews public until launch).

Very very dirty pool. Really hoping to confuse and hide facts until people have already purchased. Shameful behavior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Exactly how I feel about the game. I don't think I'd pay more that $25 for the game in it's current state. But here in Canada they want $69.99.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineseaplane
Yes! There is actually. That was the condition that reviewers had to accept to get an advance copy. (No reviews public until launch).

Very very dirty pool. Really hoping to confuse and hide facts until people have already purchased. Shameful behavior.
Thatīs a shame... They already knew the game would receive low scores because of the missing features.

On the other hand i highly doubt they will do the same with Fifa since they already know they will receive lots of 9īs and 10īs and that may improve the sales.

The games industry is really dirty. Same company treat different games different ways just to illude the customer and improve their sales.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #8
Just started!

Thank you for this article. Since I read this, I read many comments of frustrated consumers on Google, twitter, etc. I have purchased EA Sports hockey games nearly every year, but now I cancelled my order through Amazon. I emailed Amazon and asked them to consider assuming some responsibility for promoting and selling an incomplete and unfinished product for FULL PRICE. Maybe when retailers start standing up for consumers, Manufacturers would present better products before trying to sell them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »