Home

Be A GM lacking the small things

This is a discussion on Be A GM lacking the small things within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Be A GM lacking the small things

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
It misses the big things every year, but the small things have been taken away and it sucks. I basically just use my imagination, as lame as that sounds, to make it feel like a season. There is about 30 seconds of "storyline" talk at the beginning of games but then it just feels like any other game. All I want back for now is to have players being talked about on how their season is going and to know how many goals a player has when he scores. That's it. I know I can think of way better things to add, but for now just give me that and ill shut up.
I won't argue that the game is obviously missing some things, but earlier I was playing and Nash had a few shots that were so close. In the third he finally got one and they went into talks about how Nash had been so close all night, as they were discussing this they showed all his shots and then finally ended with his goal and some dialogue how it was deserved and finally finding the right spot on the ice.

Now if they can build on some of those small (and large) things, and more broadcast cameras for post whistles and end of periods, it would really build into the experience.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:29 AM   #18
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

Though its not the same I found something out. Before I mentioned how I want to know how many goals players have when they score during games.

Well, during a game if you go to box score and click on ALL EVENTS, it shows you who scored by period and next to the players name it tells you how many goals they have on the year.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #19
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Cool Re: Be A GM lacking the small things

Quote:
Originally Posted by eF 5ive
I won't argue that the game is obviously missing some things, but earlier I was playing and Nash had a few shots that were so close. In the third he finally got one and they went into talks about how Nash had been so close all night, as they were discussing this they showed all his shots and then finally ended with his goal and some dialogue how it was deserved and finally finding the right spot on the ice.

Now if they can build on some of those small (and large) things, and more broadcast cameras for post whistles and end of periods, it would really build into the experience.

That's solid. Now if only that occurred way more. Even if they had 1 player from each team to focus on and talk about during games that could be cool. Before the game they could show a highlighted matchup between 2 guys and it would build a storyline for a game.

I think it would be easy for EA to have announcers do the small talk. They currently talk about a certain streak your team is on. All they have to do is throw in some previous game talk, how a team has looked on the road or at home, and most importantly if you scratch someone they need to talk about it. Also talk about key injuries, free agent signings, trades and standings, especially once the playoff race heats up.

BE A GM has sooooooooo much potential and I can't figure out why EA doesn't put more effort towards it. Would they be able to add any of these things I mentioned in the next patch?
Old 10-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #20
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Saw a neat little pop up stat when I was going into overtime showing the teams shootout records.. WE NEED MORE OF THIS EA!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #21
Pro

sabres32's Arena

I'm just so deeply disappointed in this game as a whole. Be A GM was never perfect but the last few years it actually had substance to it.

I started to sim a few seasons and I get to the trade deadline expecting it to be exciting, but this year nothing happens at all. It's just another day on the schedule and as always, all the old men players and no names get traded.

You don't know what you have until its gone, and I would be perfectly find if be a GM remained how it was, rather than this sloppy mess.

I just wonder how the heck can EA ruin it so bad when they're dealing with bigger and better gaming systems (xbox one, ps4). You would think they'd have the ability to add more, not remove things.

Yes, I have remained playing but that's because I played Madden to much and I'm in total hockey mode right now. I've been playing online team play, but yet again, they butchered that too. No more EASHL, which is sad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2014, 05:28 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

Small things?

The GM mode has pretty much gone unchanged for over 5 yrs.

Every team plays the same. Every player skates/shoots the same.

Every player/team is rated almost the exact same.

No hot/cold streaks... ( gone since NHL 99.... Smh)

Goalies don't fatigue.

The list goes on and on.
Old 11-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #23
Rookie

Bills Mafia 716's Arena

OVR: 0

You just gotta find ways around everything that is missing. Use your imagination. Doing that is the best possible thing you can do in a sports game if you find it boring or lacking depth. In my GM Mode with the Sabres in year 2 I've come up with ways to keep myself interested and immersed. I actually have done this with every sports game I've played, ever. One of these things for example is imagining your own commentary. This may sound odd to others, but listening to an imaginary Rick Jeanerette and Rob Ray commentate my game the way I want it to just adds something to the experience for me. Also an issue I have with almost every sports game is the atmosphere for big games. If you don't think the crowd is crazy enough during your playoff game just paint the scene in your head and imagine the fans are going nuts. I know this may sound odd to others but it keeps me interested in the games that I play. It may be hard for some but if you can come up with your own stories it makes up for a lot of what is missing.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:57 AM   #24
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills Mafia 716
You just gotta find ways around everything that is missing. Use your imagination. Doing that is the best possible thing you can do in a sports game if you find it boring or lacking depth. In my GM Mode with the Sabres in year 2 I've come up with ways to keep myself interested and immersed. I actually have done this with every sports game I've played, ever. One of these things for example is imagining your own commentary. This may sound odd to others, but listening to an imaginary Rick Jeanerette and Rob Ray commentate my game the way I want it to just adds something to the experience for me. Also an issue I have with almost every sports game is the atmosphere for big games. If you don't think the crowd is crazy enough during your playoff game just paint the scene in your head and imagine the fans are going nuts. I know this may sound odd to others but it keeps me interested in the games that I play. It may be hard for some but if you can come up with your own stories it makes up for a lot of what is missing.
Good to know i'm not alone, Bills. I even catch myself talking to myself!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »