Home

Be A GM lacking the small things

This is a discussion on Be A GM lacking the small things within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Post Be A GM lacking the small things

Gameplay is great as usual, but doesn't it seem like BE A GM is very plain. I liked being able to have control of the AHL team but then I thought an NHL GM doesn't control AHL lines and all that.

What bothers me is the small things.

1) as petty as this sounds, I loved it when once a player scored and their picture came up it showed how many goals they had on the season. I don't know why I liked it so much but in NHL 15 it just shows who scored and got the assists.

2) during a whistle I have yet to see a random player be talked about and have their stats be shown on the screen. It just seems like each game is a "play now" game and there's no story line.

I really think EA should so what they did for Madden and add an Owner Mode. Control ticket prices, merchandise, concessions, etc. I like to be able to do things outside of gameplay.

This game is awesome but it just seems somewhat bland to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 09:54 PM   #2
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Be A GM lacking the small things

Madden's BaGM is nothing as compares to NBA 2k15 BaGM. It the deepest mode, IMO, since CH 2k8.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Talking Re: Be A GM lacking the small things

I can't wait for the day when franchise mode in NHL and Madden are perfected. This years NHL be a GM feels less in depth than last years game, yet they're pretty much the same.

There should be storylines. You should be able to own the team and try to build and maintain a strong fan base.

While actually playing a game the announcers should talk about players like they used to. Show stats like they used to. If I'm 10 games in and a certain player scores I want to know he season totals at that point. EA needs to incorporate storylines in to actual game play. Whether someone gets hurt, a trade occurs, a rookie is playing his first game, etc. it needs to be mentioned. It just seems like every game is the same thing. The announcers could talk about the last time the 2 teams met, anything really.

I buy these game for the "franchise" modes and I want to know what everyone else thinks about BE A GM. To me it seems like it was thrown together in 5 minutes. EA seems to focus on Ultimate Team and online play and its unfortunate.

I understand not everything can be perfect, but at LEAST bring back the announcers talking about players and showing their stats during a game. Like I said before, when a player scores and their picture comes up on the screen, I loved when it told you how many goals they have on the year.

It's the little things.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:33 AM   #4
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0

I could of sworn there were some versions that had the goals that game and total for the season like Tarasenko goal 2 (13) and then they took it out in other versions. That always bugged me.
I'm only in game two of gm mode, because I waited for the roster update (I wish we had roster vaults like the show, and madden so people can make in depth rosters out the bat).
I wish/hope it has rival history of teams. Like team A. has a record of 344-400 in history. and have the season record between the two. Mention past games of the player if they are hot or cold. Say down the stretch how many points they need to clinch or be eliminated. If you win the cup have the banner in the stadiums in the next seasons. Playoff beards, I thought that was a thing a couple years ago.
We reallllllly need to be able to hold and skate around the rink with the cup! We play a long season and playoffs and if we win we only get to watch a small video. I want to experience holding the cup We earned it. Press triangle, or Y to pump it above your head and the crowd cheers. O or i think B? to pass it off. and then Options to stop and see the trophy celebration and then get the picture, or better yet fade to black.
Since we have close to real stadiums, i wish next we get close to real sounds. Like when the Blues score, after the brrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrr, the song "When the Saints Come Marching In " plays. and after that we get a ding for how many goals have be scored and the crowd chants the goal amount. So ding, one!!!! ding two!!!! and the crowd cheers. that would be amazing to have in the game.

Last edited by headzapp; 10-21-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

That's why last gen is so much better.. it still has all the little stuff like the total goals scored when someone scores, hats on the ice after a hat trick, team scoring leaders, being able to pass the puck off the boards, etc.. etc.. I guess NHL 16 will get there, but unacceptable for NHL 15 not to be at least where the last gen game is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #6
Pro

boxers's Arena

OVR: 0

To be fair, some of the season stat tracking does exist but appears far too infrequently.

NHL® 15_20141020194418.jpg

That being said, they need to do something along the lines of FIFA or Madden. Something as basic as adding the current divisional standings at the beginning of games, to remind us why we should care.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #7
Rookie

reth316's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah You get this stat tracking for first few games in gm mode then it goes. Surely this can and should be updated to appear every game.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #8
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I think my biggest let-down in Be A GM has always been atmosphere, and a reason to care about anything, really.

I would love for playoff games to maybe be chippier, have more fights, louder fans, more chanting and taunting. Hell, same for the playoffs. Anything to give me an indication that i'm playing in a real game.

I would even like a little more from my player management. There's no reason for me to care about lines. There's no hot or cold for my players or goalies, there's no players asking for trades, no negotiating with guys when i want to re-sign my free agents. There's just nothing to make me feel like i have to put any thought into the game.
I would love to have players click together, and maybe get a little stat boost. Maybe have players who just won't work, so when i lose a star winger, i have to juggle the lines and see who will fit, maybe i suffer for a while until they are back. Does my backup goalie steal the show? Doesn't really matter currently...they all play the same.

One thing that i loved when i was first playing FIFA a few years ago, was as i normally do when I'm playing with a team that i don't love in real life, i like to mix it up and put players on the team that I like. So, in FIFA i traded with Chelsea to pick up Drogba. I was pumped for my new starting lineup of my other two top wingers with Drogba down the middle. But, then i got a curveball thrown at me. When Drodge arrived and signed, my star winger wasn't happy, because he thought it would take the focus off of him, so he demanded a trade. I was mad, but it was also awesome. I had to change my plans now. I was in a spot where his overall was lower because he wasn't happy, and that was affecting his playing and the teammates around him until i traded him. So, i dumped him (no idea if it affected his trade value, but it would be pretty nice to have no-trade clauses and requested trades raise and lower the change someone signs with you, and their overall trade value) to a team in our division, and every time i played that club, i made sure to get at least one petty tackle in on him, just for leaving.

Is it a small thing? Yeah, but it gave me a whole story based around one small trade. And more importantly, i was more invested in my team, frustrated with having to do something, and finally even more pumped to see that day circled on the calendar when we played his new team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »