Home

NHL Devs Hyping Something For Today?

This is a discussion on NHL Devs Hyping Something For Today? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #25
Rookie

reth316's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NHL Devs Hyping Something For Today?

I don't mind the teasing and hype if at the end there's something for everyone. It can't just be HUT crap. That's not on. At best I imagine tomorrow we might get he next content update with gm draft etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #26
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

Just to obfuscate it even more the paaks guys Twitter...he said nobody called this a big announcement in a tweet, but then a reply said your colleague did and he replied to that saying "no I don't think he would" to which a reply was made quoting McLean calling this the greatest day in easportsnhl.

Paak did not reply to that.

This just seems amazingly lame. It has to be crystal clear to any NHL dev that people are unhappy with the incomplete state of this game.

Highly irresponsible to tweet "this will be the greatest day" at this point of this games life. Unless they really are bringing something great to the table.

But if that's the case why tease it? It just seems abusive at this point.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:37 PM   #27
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Is anyone really surprised? The NHL team is the opposite of transparent.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #28
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

ALL HYPE....no substance for the majority..... IMO, its all marketing crappy *&^%. NO WAY they could do to make NHL 15 afloat. My advice to EA, start focusing on 2016 and begin a serious stride towards EArning respect from serious lovers of the sport.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #29
Banned

The sad thing is, HUT isn't even an effin' done. The solo play is a joke. There aren't any tournaments. I'm a fan of HUT, and I wouldn't spend a dime on it. Telling me I can spend $18 on mode that is already half-assed is insane.

What a joke...
Old 10-20-2014, 11:20 PM   #30
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

It just hit me that this is either a hoax or some lame HUT thing for sure. It can't be the October content patch because they announced last month what was in it and while important not earth shattering and no longer a surprise. It can't be missing modes or player edit because how dare you say "the greatest day in EA NHL history" when referring to something that was in past games and then removed? Even EASHL....Wouldn't the greatest day be the first time that feature was released? Not the day it was brought back.....I'm not expecting anything that's going to make any of us happy. EA has chosen it's path and they are not going to change direction now.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #31
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
I don't mind the teasing and hype if at the end there's something for everyone. It can't just be HUT crap. That's not on. At best I imagine tomorrow we might get he next content update with gm draft etc.
I talked to the one guy there many years ago and its there old good things come to those who wait hype and then it was a partial 100 years habs team that you couldnt play against anyone but modern teams .

Whats sad is its stuff nobody wants and they think its a wow thing , they really think it is .

I think a player edit and a season mode control all teams would be a mess as they cant even get the right trainers on the benches in game so all that would be a useless bug fest at this point if they tried to release it and did I hear true next year might not even have a player edit either ?.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #32
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

With wild statements like that....wow. Foolish is a word that comes to mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »