Home

Editing rosters is a necessity for NHL 16

This is a discussion on Editing rosters is a necessity for NHL 16 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Editing rosters is a necessity for NHL 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I don't know the ins and outs of editing and all of that so maybe someone could explain. Since editing was in the game previously at least the last gen games isn't this something they would have had to have taken out rather than include?
Yes, they took it out. It's baffling and it really sucks. I love starting my GM with guys like Filip Forsberg rated 77 or Burakovsky rated 73 while Brendan Morrow is an 83 as if it were 2007. Awesome job EA.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Yes, they took it out. It's baffling and it really sucks. I love starting my GM with guys like Filip Forsberg rated 77 or Burakovsky rated 73 while Brendan Morrow is an 83 as if it were 2007. Awesome job EA.
I've long wondered why they ever allowed this at all. If games could be edited why would anyone bother to buy the newer games? Assuming of course the game you are editing is close graphically to the new games and there weren't any must have additions.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

There typically are enhancements each year, along with no longer being fed roster updates past a certain point (thus no rookies/new draft classes/new face scans, etc.) and having less people online for a prior years game, if that's your cup of tea. Regardless, being able to adjust ratings to your liking and edit player gear has been in forever and should not have been taken out. Point in case, I'm playing the "next gen" version of the latest installment and have to stick with old, significantly declined players like Morrow with ratings like 83 because EA evidently hadn't watched hockey in half a decade to know that he barely deserves a 76. Meanwhile young studs that EA thankfully included are 73s barely able to crack their teams lineups. And gear and potentials are jacked up across the board. Same as every previous year, but in previous years I didn't complain about it; I just fixed it with the 20+ year old basic feature that is suddenly missing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #12
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I've long wondered why they ever allowed this at all. If games could be edited why would anyone bother to buy the newer games? Assuming of course the game you are editing is close graphically to the new games and there weren't any must have additions.
You should want to get the new game for its new additions and features. Not because of the roster update.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #13
Pro

mikeymayhem's Arena

OVR: 3

I dont get why they removed it from this game especially, its not like anyone is going to be like well I love nhl 15 and how its a dumbed down version of previous years titles I think im just going to update the roster and play this game through next year as well.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:47 PM   #14
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

It wouldn't even be so bad if EA was good at roster updates, but they're typically not.

The Revamped team did a much better job, and more importantly, made accurate ratings that reflected what players were actually good at, not just how high their overall should be because of how popular/good they are in real life.
The ratings system in this game doesn't put enough space between the skills and scoring potential of guys who might be life-long AHL players or guys expected to just fill a spot in case of injury compared with players who are obviously top-10 in what they do.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #15
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

This won't be patched into the game and we should just give up on asking for it for this year. It likely had to be removed because it was found that editing rosters lead to unstableness within the game and they couldn't ship a game that might crash when things were altered under the hood. They likely need way more time to test things out with editing abilities to ensure fatal crashes do not occur from altering equipment, player data, or ratings in the menus.

Not offering an excuse or accepting this in any way, just offering a likely reason as to why it wasn't included in NHL 15 next gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2014, 02:57 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2
This game was not close to being finished when it was released. No way last Gen game should play better than current Gen but it does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »