Home

NHL 15 Quick VideoReview by Jonny Superbmen

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Quick VideoReview by Jonny Superbmen within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
NHL 15 Quick VideoReview by Jonny Superbmen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGBj8gOk5Wo

IS NHL 15 BY ITSELF, STILL A FUN HOCKEY SIMULATOR?

Last edited by CupCrazyManiac; 11-11-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #2
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 15 Quick VideoReview by Jonny Superbmen

I found his review waaaaaaaaaay to negative. I agree that Be a GM and Be a Pro are shambles of what they are on last-gen, but I feel he ignores how great the actual on-ice gameplay is - which is super addicting to me.

NHL 15 gets a lot wrong, but it does get aspects right that people choose to ignore just because EASHL got left out.

Recap: Terrific on-ice gameplay, poor mode execution.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 11-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #3
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

OVR: 0

I think he is spot on. The gameplay is not better...it's different. I cannot see how the gameplay is better when you out shoot your opponent by a 2-1 and even 3-1 margin and they still outscore you by 2-3 goals. This is something that plagued their previous games and is still an issue with 15 NG. The defensive AI is still complete garbage especially when it is your CPU teammates. Your goalie is complete crap while the CPU goalie is a god.
And lastly...what is up with that CPU D-man bodycheck lock? Once a D-man gets tone on you, he never misses...no matter what you do, you cannot avoid that check. You can turn....nope. You can deek....nope. You can stop....nope. He is going to take you out no matter what.
Listen, this game is kinda fun...but it has no staying power for me. I needs something with more depth...especially when the gameplay is not all that improved.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Spot on imo too. Whatever the excuse, NG 15 is a very weak game. And i agree with Johnny and others, we'll be more than likely spending this entire gen just playing catchup. While we hear revolutionary this, and brand new that. While this gen's time clicks away with the same crappy ai.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

There's so many more issues within each mode AND Basic gameplay that arent even covered!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mkheidze
I think he is spot on. The gameplay is not better...it's different. I cannot see how the gameplay is better when you out shoot your opponent by a 2-1 and even 3-1 margin and they still outscore you by 2-3 goals. This is something that plagued their previous games and is still an issue with 15 NG. The defensive AI is still complete garbage especially when it is your CPU teammates. Your goalie is complete crap while the CPU goalie is a god.
And lastly...what is up with that CPU D-man bodycheck lock? Once a D-man gets tone on you, he never misses...no matter what you do, you cannot avoid that check. You can turn....nope. You can deek....nope. You can stop....nope. He is going to take you out no matter what.
Listen, this game is kinda fun...but it has no staying power for me. I needs something with more depth...especially when the gameplay is not all that improved.
Perfectly said and exactly the way I feel. I enjoy some of this game, but it has ZERO staying power after I sit down and play a few more games. Each time I try to get back into it, there is just something that keeps me from wanting to continue my BeaGM season.

The forms have died too.. that tells you something about this years game. We all want nothing more than a great next gen hockey title, but there is just too much stuff missing and the game play is just wonky for the most part.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I know this has been mentioned a million times but....the NZ. To this point, all the NZ is for, is where the teams logos are, period. (vs the ai) Imo, thats pretty close to a football game without a line of scrimmage. Really kills the unpredictably of the game. The constant up and down back and forth....zzzz. I think that makes Beagm boring as hell too. Come on EA, give the adults an option with this.
Old 11-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
I found his review waaaaaaaaaay to negative. I agree that Be a GM and Be a Pro are shambles of what they are on last-gen, but I feel he ignores how great the actual on-ice gameplay is - which is super addicting to me.

NHL 15 gets a lot wrong, but it does get aspects right that people choose to ignore just because EASHL got left out.

Recap: Terrific on-ice gameplay, poor mode execution.
Totally agree, gameplay is a big step up and reflects real hockey way more than ever before.
It would really suck if it was the other way around and we got all the modes and a piece of crap game. Of course we want it all and ever since I read the article that said that EA shafted NHL by pulling it's devs to finish UFC and FIFA, I'm just resigned to the fact that it's all about max dollars and pleasing shareholders for these guys. Compare that to a game like The Golf Club, that has no shareholders and guys bend over backwards to make the game better and are probably working for peanuts to do it because they are passionate about their work, period. Two different worlds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »