Home

What are YOUR game-changing ideas?

This is a discussion on What are YOUR game-changing ideas? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #41
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What are YOUR game-changing ideas?

Custom music is a must.

The sounds can be better, like that guy mentioned. Why do they not just cutandpaste the actual sounds from the games and incorporate it into the sounds.

They should cutandpaste the jerseys so they look authentic and not video gamey. Theres enough video game look to other thing, this would make the jerseys look authentic. Same for the ice, make it like Edmontons, good ice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2014, 01:35 AM   #42
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Mathematics

9. Defensive skill stick- the right analog stick should be primarily used to control your stick on defense. You should be able to use it to poke, block passing lanes, reach, chop, lay on the ice, etc. A modifier like L2 or something should have to be held in order to turn the right analog stick into a body check.
I'll go one step further. Make the right stick exclusively the defensive skill stick and the left stick the checking one. That would help eliminate the problem where people take you out of the play by "accidentally" skating into you.
Old 12-21-2014, 02:40 AM   #43
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson

The sounds can be better, like that guy mentioned. Why do they not just cutandpaste the actual sounds from the games and incorporate it into the sounds.
Sounds good to me.

The sound of the sport is great, it's just weird in the game.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:18 AM   #44
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Same with the crowd noise. Which is not as important as the on ice sounds. but they can get the authentic crowd noises in there. Just cutandpaste/record the actual crowds from every stadium (like the arenas) and use that.

It would also show which stadiums have sold out rinks and the teams that do not, better.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #45
MVP

mjavon's Arena

I'd like a web-based team creator similar to how they had Teambuilder for the NCAA Football series. Not a major or priority addition obviously, but it'd be really cool to have - I want to be able to create and play as some college hockey teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2014, 03:21 AM   #46
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I'd like a web-based team creator similar to how they had Teambuilder for the NCAA Football series. Not a major or priority addition obviously, but it'd be really cool to have - I want to be able to create and play as some college hockey teams.
Way to go Penn State girls. Longest winning streak in history of womens sports (109 games). Now with 6 National Championships in 8 yrs. That's amazing in this day and age. back in the 70s when UCLA won like that it was way easier. This is more impressive.

The wrestling team is on the verge of doing the same thing. They win 2 more and they'll have 6 in 8 as well. Same thing, there hasn't been a team in the history of wrestling as good as Penn State wrestling.

Penn State is truly one of the best Colleges of all time in sports. Class Act.

Last edited by robinson; 12-22-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:28 AM   #47
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson
Same with the crowd noise. Which is not as important as the on ice sounds. but they can get the authentic crowd noises in there. Just cutandpaste/record the actual crowds from every stadium (like the arenas) and use that.

It would also show which stadiums have sold out rinks and the teams that do not, better.
Funny you mention this. I saw footage from NHL 2007 (not sure of the exact date but it was the middle of last decade) and I noticed the crowd was chanting "Let's go Kings". It sounded awesome, and that would have been nearly 10 years ago.

But now we got Ultimate team. So, yeah.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »