Home

How did our community event go?

This is a discussion on How did our community event go? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How did our community event go?

The event has not occurred yet and will take place in late January. I'm not really sure what I'm allowed to say or anything, so better safe than sorry.
One of the questions I saw on the other posts was regarding "Will the EA Survey actually matter or will it be like the cover vote and be meaningless?"

I can confirm that the results will actually be looked at and used in decision-making and such.

Apologies for not being very active on the forums. If you ever need me just send me a tweet saying you're from OS and I'll try to respond back on the forums!

Hope you all had a great holiday,
-Oohwayy
Old 12-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Thank you.
Old 12-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy
Apologies for not being very active on the forums. If you ever need me just send me a tweet saying you're from OS and I'll try to respond back on the forums!
OR, and this may be a crazy thought, but you could possibly check in every now and again without requiring to receive a tweet since you are representing this site.....

Why even apologize for not being active if you really aren't sorry at all?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
OR, and this may be a crazy thought, but you could possibly check in every now and again without requiring to receive a tweet since you are representing this site.....

Why even apologize for not being active if you really aren't sorry at all?
I do the best I can to check in. Understand that I'm not a big forums guy like the majority of you all when it comes to posting. However I still make an effort to read a lot of the ideas that are being said.
Regardless to how I respond to this I'm sure it won't change your opinion of me anyways. Hope you can somewhat understand.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #13

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oohwayy
I do the best I can to check in. Understand that I'm not a big forums guy like the majority of you all when it comes to posting. However I still make an effort to read a lot of the ideas that are being said.
Regardless to how I respond to this I'm sure it won't change your opinion of me anyways. Hope you can somewhat understand.
I have no opinion of you one way or the other.

I was very turned off however by your comment of if we need to get in contact with you we need to send you a message on twitter.

Doesn't seem very intuitive regardless of how big of a forum guy you are or aren't.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #14
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

I despise twitter, personally, and being that you chose to represent Operation Sports and saw to it that you were selected as our representative it is probably the least that can be done (being somewhat active/approachable on our forums) to connect with our community.

Just saying.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #15
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

Really not trying to start anything with this comment but:

How did Oohwayy (a Rookie on this site) get picked to be a representative over senior members? By definition a Rookie has NO experience. How does he know what the community here is looking for. It doesn't seem to make sense to me?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #16
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHood059
Really not trying to start anything with this comment but:

How did Oohwayy (a Rookie on this site) get picked to be a representative over senior members? By definition a Rookie has NO experience. How does he know what the community here is looking for. It doesn't seem to make sense to me?
Long story short: Two people that had youtube accounts saw that EA made the post here and at the EA forums for the reps at community events. They signed up on OS and entered into the voting, which wasn't conducted through OS but rather an off-site EA poll, had their subscribers and followers from youtube flood the ballots and won with ease over anyone here at OS. EA didn't care enough to look into it or ever come back to OS to see the details of what happened. Here we are.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »