Home

How often are you playing NHL 15 next gen now?

This is a discussion on How often are you playing NHL 15 next gen now? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How would you describe your relationship with NHL 15 for next gen?
I had NHL 15 at launch and still play it daily (or very often) 16 14.95%
I had NHL 15 at launch and no longer own or play it 9 8.41%
I skipped NHL 15 because of negative information or lack of modes 18 16.82%
NHL 15 is my favorite and most played video game this year 4 3.74%
I don't have time for NHL 15 with all the other games out right now 5 4.67%
I got bored with the depth of NHL 15 and rarely play it now 33 30.84%
After the updates I found myself playing a lot more and still play 7 6.54%
I regret purchasing/getting NHL 15 21 19.63%
I still plan on purchasing/getting NHL 15 3 2.80%
Other (write in response below) 7 6.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #9
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How often are you playing NHL 15 next gen now?

I got the PS4 version of the game for my birthday on September 27th, but that's relatively close to launch and the closest poll option, so I'll go with "I had NHL 15 at launch and still play it daily (or very often)."

With slider adjustments, I've gotten the game to where I want it. I still play the game nearly every day (though not as much for the past couple of weeks, thanks to Christmas preparations and such), almost entirely in Be A GM, and I'm still having a blast with it.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #10
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Actually the game has become very frustrating over the past week.

The CPU buffs are really starting to annoy me.

1. Their ability to floor you without any regard for momentum.

2. Your inability to pin the CPU to the boards without them rubberbanding away to set up a goal.

3. Their ability to simply steal the puck from you as if it were magnetised to their stick.

4. And the infamous CPU blind pass to the slot followed by a redirect/one timer goal.
Old 12-24-2014, 12:28 PM   #11
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

I came late to the party....I haven't owned a system or an NHL game for a few years. The game was just getting stale and for me wasn't moving forward (I represented OS at the Community Day event for NHL 10).

I picked up an Xbox One on Black Friday (early Xmas present) and decided to get NHL 15 despite the not-so-favorable reviews. I planned on using the Xbox for media streaming, NHL Gamecenter, and hopefully some fun games.

I have been very pleasantly surprised with NHL 15 and have been getting some great games from it. I will admit my expectations coming in were low, and my overall gaming expectations are different than what they were a few years ago. No game, especially sports games, will ever be perfect. I just want to have fun in the limited time I get to play them.

is NHL 15 perfect? Far from it. Is it fun? Absolutely. It has its fair share of faults (like any game), but overall I am very happy with it. I found some good slider settings and have some very good games with them. The puck physics are phenomenal and the game just looks great...with some slider adjustments it provides a great experience for me.

It still needs work and hopefully next year will see the series plug some of the missing modes back in that the previous last-gen versions had. But for now I am having fun with it and that is all that matters!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2014, 02:42 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 20

I play a game like every other day or so; if I notice on the schedule that my team has games on back-to-back nights, I'll play both of those games. Works out to about 5-7 hours per week, probably.

I think the game's good. I rotate it with Madden 15 and 2K14 and find all three games keep me coming back at the roughly same pace, if anything I've played NHL the most.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #13
Rookie

Rocket2606's Arena

OVR: 0

Was playing it once or twice a day for the first month and a half. Now I'm more focused on Madden. I've completed 3 seasons in a month and am currently on my 9th season.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:50 AM   #14
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Icon11 Re: How often are you playing NHL 15 next gen now?

I picked this title up for $25.00 and the only way I play is playoff mode offline having some decent games but once again no penalties. I messed with the sliders a bit but no power plays for. This is once again plaugeing this series as usual. Doc really needs a pep talk for his play by play but with time he will get better and I really think eddie and Ray nailed it. It must be hard but I need more and different talk from both of them but it will get better. Now EA get in that room and don't come out untill you have offline season mode.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:51 AM   #15
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Ive owned it since launch, but due to the lack of depth, I rarely play it any longer. Also, I regret buying it. I don't think it was as horrible as some make it out to be, but I just regret buying it because there's just not enough content to make it worth my while.

I played maybe 20-25 games in a season, simmed the rest because there was nothing that really made it felt like I was a GM, or in a season. Just a series of play now games on a calendar. Got into the playoffs, won the cup to check out the new celebration (which really wasn't much of a change from the previous IIRC) and now... There's just nothing really left to do with it.

I enjoy it and had some fun with it, but there's just not enough to do with it to keep me entertained.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #16
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

I sold it a month ago not to lose its cash value but I will probably buy it back for the playoffs on the cheap .
Its not really a reflection of the game as I do it with most sports games as they just become boring and predictable most of the times do to the forced sim programming these days .

I got NBA 2k15 after NHL and played the heck out of the Classic teams with real shoes and everything but once again do to the programming I find it predictive and over time it just gets boring .

So now Im back to MLB the Show and hopefully it will stay fresh until MLBTS 15 comes out in March .

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »