Home

Classic Stadiums

This is a discussion on Classic Stadiums within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

OVR: 0
Classic Stadiums

I know when talking about hockey, this topic doesn't really come up too much, but would anybody other than me like to see classic stadiums put into the future NHL games? I was thinking of the old Boston Garden, the old Montreal Forum, and depending on when it's no longer used Rexall Place (when Rogers Place is opened up) I just wanted to see if anybody else was interested in playing in these classic stadiums
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2014, 07:28 PM   #2
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Classic Stadiums

If EA added classic stadiums into NHL, I would probably play a couple of exhibition games in them and move on with it. Here are a couple of stadiums I'd like to see added...

* Met Center (former home of the Minnesota North Stars)
* Maple Leaf Gardens (former home of the Toronto Maple Leafs)
* Wrigley Field (site of the 2009 Winter Classic)
Old 12-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

I'd like to see them include all of the previous Winter Classic sites
Old 12-28-2014, 12:07 AM   #4
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

They said how long it takes just to do one arena/venue and it is months of time to complete. They don't even have the rights to all of the current NHL arenas so obtaining past venues would be very hard for them. Over this past summer they even told us that it wasn't worth it for them to put in the Winter Classic stadiums in next gen because of how little they are used versus how much time and resources it takes for them to get them in the game.

I am sure they would be a great little touch, but I doubt we see anything like this in the near future. I would like to see more stadium exterior and interior shots during the game though. They put all this time and effort into these arenas for next gen and they hardly ever pan around them to let us see the work that has been done. I know broadcasts don't show much of the roofs and seating, but I would like to see more of that in these games during cut scenes etc.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:37 AM   #5
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15

I would like to see the Old Red Barn where the redwings played. I seen a couple of games there when I was a kid. I was only 5 but remember the escalators looked like they were straight up and down awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Banned

HarryHood059's Arena

Count me in as that would be sweet!!

I would love to see this feature implemented or as DLC.
Old 12-29-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

No, No, No. No more stadiums and arena's.

Lets get all the features that were in last gen, into next gen first. Then lets get the game playing like hockey.

Then we can worry about classic arena's etc.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:25 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
They said how long it takes just to do one arena/venue and it is months of time to complete. They don't even have the rights to all of the current NHL arenas so obtaining past venues would be very hard for them. Over this past summer they even told us that it wasn't worth it for them to put in the Winter Classic stadiums in next gen because of how little they are used versus how much time and resources it takes for them to get them in the game.

I am sure they would be a great little touch, but I doubt we see anything like this in the near future. I would like to see more stadium exterior and interior shots during the game though. They put all this time and effort into these arenas for next gen and they hardly ever pan around them to let us see the work that has been done. I know broadcasts don't show much of the roofs and seating, but I would like to see more of that in these games during cut scenes etc.
They don't show the roofs and seating so much but they do show the hallways to the locker rooms with the players coming off between periods, maybe a guy with a towel around his shoulders giving a quick interview (they don't need audio; just a quick cut of a guy giving an interview mixed with other shots during intermission) and the concourse full of fans during intermissions. That would be a nice touch. I'd rather have immersive details like that than more arenas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »