Home

Resting Goalies?

This is a discussion on Resting Goalies? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
Rookie

TnT1tan's Arena

OVR: 0
Resting Goalies?

Sorry, I'm sure it's been answered somewhere but I cant find anything here or on google. Just picked up NHL a week ago, and started my GM mode. I'm playing as Nashville, and during a game I simulated a couple weeks into my first season Rinne got hurt. So my question is, do goalies fatigue or is there any purpose to playing the back up? I know in years past there hasn't been any point in resting the goalie, and I don't see any kind of fatigue or indication of how well rested an opponent is except during the actual game, so I'm assuming there is no reason to "rest" players, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 03:41 AM   #2
Rookie

azy19's Arena

Re: Resting Goalies?

I don't know anything for sure, but it seems like goalies sometimes when they have played too much are quite bad no matter what their stats are. I just use the "Coach rotate goalies" setting as that makes for a fairly realistic goalie rotation.
Old 01-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

From what I can tell, there's no real reason to rest your goalie outside of wanting to play the game in a more real manner, and get some starts for your backup.

I've never noticed any real affect from being overplayed, or playing back-to-back games, so unless you want to play a more real game, I'd say you're fine not switching.

Me personally, i always liked to pretend there was a reason to. If there were back-to-back games against a weaker team, and then a strong team, i would start the backup the night before, and throw in the starter the next next.

Stamina and players getting tired would be nice, but then again, a lot of things would be nice to have in the series.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:54 PM   #4
Rookie

TnT1tan's Arena

Cool, thanks guys. Yeah I have been trying to rotate and use my back up on short turnaround games, and some weaker teams, because I like the realism, but it's hard to take Pekka out sometimes haha
Old 01-14-2015, 12:56 PM   #5
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT1tan
Cool, thanks guys. Yeah I have been trying to rotate and use my back up on short turnaround games, and some weaker teams, because I like the realism, but it's hard to take Pekka out sometimes haha
I need to set my PS3 back up and see if stats really matter much in the game.
I honestly never felt much of a difference between really good goalies, and my backups.

I will have to play with some stats and see if i can get any interesting results.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »