Home

Remember when EA said that there would be newly recorded commentary from Ray Ferraro?

This is a discussion on Remember when EA said that there would be newly recorded commentary from Ray Ferraro? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon5 Remember when EA said that there would be newly recorded commentary from Ray Ferraro?

What happened with that?

I know I am probably talking to myself here, because honestly-- who is going to answer this?

But EA devs hyped-up how much of a benefit it was to have Ray Ferraro on the commentary staff because they could bring him in during the season and record in-game audio that would then be placed into games via updates.

I barely hear the guy at all during the game, let alone hear anything new from him.

Is this just another promise that has gone unfulfilled by EA with NHL 15? Or am I missing something? Has anyone in the twittersphere heard anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2015, 09:18 AM   #2
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Remember when EA said that there would be newly recorded commentary from Ray Ferr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
What happened with that?

I know I am probably talking to myself here, because honestly-- who is going to answer this?

But EA devs hyped-up how much of a benefit it was to have Ray Ferraro on the commentary staff because they could bring him in during the season and record in-game audio that would then be placed into games via updates.

I barely hear the guy at all during the game, let alone hear anything new from him.

Is this just another promise that has gone unfulfilled by EA with NHL 15? Or am I missing something? Has anyone in the twittersphere heard anything?
I stopped playing the game a long time ago, so I can't really answer. However, is it even possible to know if they added more lines? He talks once a game. They could have 50 lines in there and you're good to go. Why even bother having him in the game?
Old 03-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Remember when EA said that there would be newly recorded commentary from Ray Ferr

First off, EA NHL Twittersphere=HUTSphere

Second, remember when EA said that the game would be built from the ground up? With all the little next-gen bugs figured out by FIFA and Madden?

I think Ray is NHL 16-package material.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like how the P.A. Announcers name most the players because it transfers from 360 but the new guys won't. Ex. mantha, Mrazek. They are generic commentary but if over the pa, the names are announced.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:46 AM   #5
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

OVR: 0

personally I would prefer that they focus all their energy on 16 and not bother putting the proverbial lipstick on the pig that is NHL 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 12:32 PM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mkheidze
personally I would prefer that they focus all their energy on 16 and not bother putting the proverbial lipstick on the pig that is NHL 15.
That's fine, but just ends up being another broken promise. So, who's to say what they tout for being in '16 will be true with how they are going at this pace? And how much attention will '16 get after launch?
Old 03-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #7
Rookie

Södy's Arena

Yeah they should just have said nothing. I want them to focus on 16 aswell but lying is never good.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:45 PM   #8
Rookie

redslumber's Arena

I feel like this is pretty irrelevant now haha. Just like someone else posted, I much prefer they spend time on NHL 16 than fixing this epic fail of a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »