Home

What forum OS or EA SPORTS?

This is a discussion on What forum OS or EA SPORTS? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
Question What forum OS or EA SPORTS?

Here is my question we have the Operations Sports hockey forum for the NHL series and of course we have the EA Sports hockey series forum. I wonder what those folks at EA look for their info to improve this game? One would think it would be their forum only. Does OS even get picked through can any Dev or EA sport agent ansewer this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 11:40 PM   #2
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What forum OS or EA SPORTS?

They used to be on here quite frequently. Now nobody is on here frequently, users or developers. You won't get an answer from a developer as it has been since about November since the last time any of them posted in here.

We now have community leaders that represent our site and are our liaison to the EA dev team. Good luck getting them to read this or respond. They never came here to begin with, either.

And EA boards are a joke. It's like the wild wild west over there. How anything can get through on that mess and make it to the devs is unknown to me. Come to think of it, perhaps that is where they are getting their game producing ideas ha.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:37 AM   #3
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
Here is my question we have the Operations Sports hockey forum for the NHL series and of course we have the EA Sports hockey series forum. I wonder what those folks at EA look for their info to improve this game? One would think it would be their forum only. Does OS even get picked through can any Dev or EA sport agent ansewer this?
The devs had an NHL 15 Q&A and only answered softball questions. This board has been long forgotten by the EA NHL development team. My theory is that OS can be brutal towards developers but also provide really good constructive criticism that the team doesn't want to deal with. Instead of telling a community that "we can't do that right now" or whatever, they just choose to ignore coming here.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

The development crew still browses these forums. But why would they post? The last time they got people together for a Community Day, this forum went bonkers and attacked the guys who were selected because they weren't "your guy" instead of giving them a chance.

Hate to say this - You guys brought this on yourself. You can't have the level of negativity, trolling, and downright hatred that was shown over the last few months. Mods cleaned up a bit, but this forum became worse than the Madden forum can be around launch. I really don't want to hear how "EA deserves it", because the core group here was and still is better than that. And believe me, it won't happen on the next cycle, because this forum will be barren before I allow this specific userbase to do what they did last dev cycle.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 03-12-2015, 02:22 PM   #5
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
They used to be on here quite frequently. Now nobody is on here frequently, users or developers. You won't get an answer from a developer as it has been since about November since the last time any of them posted in here.

We now have community leaders that represent our site and are our liaison to the EA dev team. Good luck getting them to read this or respond. They never came here to begin with, either.

And EA boards are a joke. It's like the wild wild west over there. How anything can get through on that mess and make it to the devs is unknown to me. Come to think of it, perhaps that is where they are getting their game producing ideas ha.
This is a perfect example of what I am talking about, and what won't be tolerated as we near release for 16. There is truly no cause for potshot like this. That's not what OS is about.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2015, 03:51 PM   #6
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
The development crew still browses these forums. But why would they post? The last time they got people together for a Community Day, this forum went bonkers and attacked the guys who were selected because they weren't "your guy" instead of giving them a chance.

Hate to say this - You guys brought this on yourself. You can't have the level of negativity, trolling, and downright hatred that was shown over the last few months. Mods cleaned up a bit, but this forum became worse than the Madden forum can be around launch. I really don't want to hear how "EA deserves it", because the core group here was and still is better than that. And believe me, it won't happen on the next cycle, because this forum will be barren before I allow this specific userbase to do what they did last dev cycle.
If you truly think that this is one sided and that what has been posted about this game is not true, and that by calling out specific instances of blatant lies and false information (when information was finally given in the first place) then I don't know what to say.

I try my personal best not to cross lines and break rules in most instances of my life, including my time spent at OS. Am I perfect? No. But I cannot think of too many instances where my findings and opinions are jaded by misguided spite. Furthermore, I believe that someone should be informing people of where we are and how we have gotten here. There is so much misinformation and blind following that tends to occur that the only way to enact change is to document these instances that are occurring so that people can decide for themselves what the truth of the matter is.

And to speak to my "potshot"; I would say that it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but to a certain extent I was speaking in truth about that situation. In my opinion the forums at EA are a mess. And it has been said that they (EA) do go for their information from their fan forums. With the email that they have sent out asking what features people would like to see implemented into their games I certainly could draw the conclusion that the posters on those EA forums are the ones in which are providing the ideas for the producers. My statement was perhaps my way of laughing off a situation in which I feel hopeless in, but I didn't feel as though it was based too far off of what is reality, either.

But I will say this. If it is truly believed that I am the problem and not the game itself, I would gladly step-back and not post much/if at all if it means that there would be some kind of established communication again between the producers and OS forum members. I would also apologize to those who feel as though I am ******ing any progress rather than encouraging it by posting my findings, opinions, and suggestions on this game. I am just a frustrated consumer that has probably been around this game as much as anyone from day one, and in many different capacities.

I would argue that I do not see how all of this should matter, but I understand that OS is a community and is not about my personal agenda. Moving forward I would try even harder to enact a "matter of fact" mentality and try to reserve my personal feelings that are negative on this game as much as possible.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:41 PM   #7
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Look, I have to chime in on this.

Mil, I generally try to agree with you and side with OS. I also, by happenstance, am usually in agreement with bigwill on things NHL. And sometimes I disagree with you both.

And here I disagree with certain parts of both of your statements and agree with certain parts.

Mil: I don't think you can paint everyone here in the EA NHL forums with such a broad brush. While I may have been negative (OK, I've been negative) and have taken cheap shots at EA NHL 15, I have also started so many threads with ideas to improve the game and ways it could be more realistic. Do the devs read it? Doubtful, very doubtful. Yet I've passed it on to the GameChangers with little success. I put some of my free time into theorizing, planning, and explaining about this game. Do the devs do as much as say "this isn't viable" so that I can know how to shape the time I put into their game?

I do agree that the hate for the GameChangers was a little biased and strong. I felt the same then, but I've done a lot to try to connect with the people selected from the OS thread (specifically Oohwayy) since then. And now that the committee is not solely EASHL but a gameplay and modes committee as well, I think there is a little more basis for it. Wrong time, wrong place.

And in regards to the EA Forums, I know that they are horrid. That is as close to a fact as can be. There are several good posters and many more posters who try to derail threads. And that's why I love OS and defend it when it is lambasted on the EA Forums; I'd prefer to have a police force than anarchy.

Yes, this community is pretty bitter. No, I don't think it is solely our fault. I look at posters like actionhank and MizzouRah and say "they get it." I think you get it, I think bigwill gets it. I think I get it. And I want to say that the devs get it. But I don't know that I can.

Keep up the good work Mil (not being sarcastic).

Last edited by AdamJones113; 03-12-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:18 PM   #8
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Many times i've thought how it's such a shame that the pretty small community that is EA's NHL game, can't have a really cool and informed relationship with the dev team. Vs the way l feel now....ill informed, and ya, ignored. I like to think that many of us could far better deal with the games shortcomings, if we felt even a little involved with what maybe should be done with the seemingly small dev investment EA's making with this game. Just seems like the potential of developing a really great game for a rather small niche of hardcore fans is being wasted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »