Home

Is NHL 16 EA's last chance for you?

This is a discussion on Is NHL 16 EA's last chance for you? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #17
Rookie

TheBigTicket205's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is NHL 16 EA's last chance for you?

I've supported this game since I can remember... Outside of the 60 bucks I pay for the game I've spent so much money on upgrades etc for EASHL... Gotten in to countless spats with my wife in the beginning because I spent more time playing hockey than I did with her whenever its released lol! But NHL 15 next gen took my heart and crushed it... So many broken promises and countless lies to us the consumers... I've been loyal to a fault even purchasing the game weeks in advanced. Next year I wont be making those mistakes again. I'm gonna purchase the game, but not on the release date or a minute before. I'm gonna wait til I come here and have proof its worth it. My love for this game is fading rapidly, and that's tough to take honestly, but I cant continue undying support for a company who doesnt respect my loyalty. I just hope EA gives us what we deserve and follows through especially since they didn't release 14 on NG and totally botched 15 so bad. #fingerscrossed

- sorry for the long post, but this game is like family lol!

Love, Live, Life and always game!
Old 04-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #18
Rookie

Hockey is the reason why I play video games. I love the sports but I am sick of EA's marketing. Guys interviewing Sean Vavrasejeansomething pretending to be excited. Not asking the real question at E3. The lack of communication with the fans via social media. Money, money, money that's all EA wants. No problem with that, I got money. But give me something for it.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordiques1995
Hockey is the reason why I play video games. I love the sports but I am sick of EA's marketing. Guys interviewing Sean Vavrasejeansomething pretending to be excited. Not asking the real question at E3. The lack of communication with the fans via social media. Money, money, money that's all EA wants. No problem with that, I got money. But give me something for it.

Most interviewers don't play the NHL series, and only ask questions based on the PR kits they receive before the interviews.
I attended a couple of EA's closed events during the last five years, and there were a lot of good questions asked, by people playing club and 1v1 -games.
Both Rammer and Andy Agostini are good people who really care about the game, and our feedback was appreciated. They just don't have the resources required to deliver what we want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #20
Rookie

nddurst's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesizdead
Most interviewers don't play the NHL series, and only ask questions based on the PR kits they receive before the interviews.
I attended a couple of EA's closed events during the last five years, and there were a lot of good questions asked, by people playing club and 1v1 -games.
Both Rammer and Andy Agostini are good people who really care about the game, and our feedback was appreciated. They just don't have the resources required to deliver what we want.
If they truly cared about the game like most of us do, they would've quit by now. I'd be embarrassed to have my name associated with a product like NHL 15. Instead, they've been at the helm for years now, having their names associated with subpar NHL games, the most recent of which is arguably the worst of them. As of now, there are no signs that EA is going to give them more resources to work with for this series.

Maybe I'm being dramatic, but they should have some self-respect. If they are really passionate about putting together a great hockey game, how can they justify working for a company that refuses to support them in their efforts?

I don't feel bad for either of them. They both deserve the heat they get at this point.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:56 AM   #21
Rookie

Yeah, and it's an everyday occurrence where employees quit because of bad management.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #22
MVP

mjavon's Arena

It's still their job - I'm sure they're personally much better off staying. '15 on the next gen was more or less a full rebuild, so I'm not so fast to critique them so harshly.

And I want to reiterate, I am NOT in love with this game, and I shouldn't have spent money on it. But that doesn't mean they don't care about their product.

To me it seems like they had higher aspirations for '15 and just ran out of time. Rather than holding out until '16 to release a new NHL game, EA basically bit the bullet and sold a half-finished game to recoup some of their expenditures from the past two years. That's EA (the corporation's) fault, not the devs. Operating on a one (or even two) year cycle is ridiculous, especially for a "ground-up" project. I think this is why we are consistently let down by the year-to-year progress of many sports titles.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #23
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
It's still their job - I'm sure they're personally much better off staying. '15 on the next gen was more or less a full rebuild, so I'm not so fast to critique them so harshly.

And I want to reiterate, I am NOT in love with this game, and I shouldn't have spent money on it. But that doesn't mean they don't care about their product.

To me it seems like they had higher aspirations for '15 and just ran out of time. Rather than holding out until '16 to release a new NHL game, EA basically bit the bullet and sold a half-finished game to recoup some of their expenditures from the past two years. That's EA (the corporation's) fault, not the devs. Operating on a one (or even two) year cycle is ridiculous, especially for a "ground-up" project. I think this is why we are consistently let down by the year-to-year progress of many sports titles.
Except those same devs came in here and lied about how this product would be complete and amazing because they had an extra year to work on it.

I don't think many of us are questioning their intentions and desires. We are questioning their abilities and resources, however.

And I've said this over and over again, it shouldn't be our concern (the consumer) to have to worry about what is going on behind the scenes in making a game. The finished product speaks for itself. And this product has been going downhill and is downright sad in many consumer's opinions. And the sales of this game have to be sending a message that this is how many of us feel.

The best playoffs in the world are underway and this forum is a complete ghost town. And it has been since September. How can anyone involved with making this product feel good about that?
Old 04-25-2015, 06:16 AM   #24
Rookie

Lying about NHL15, and promises about being more transparent about development, and being more active on the forums = no faith in NHL16.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »