Home

You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If...

This is a discussion on You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2015, 12:59 PM   #89
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If...

It's looking like this is going to be yet another sit out year.

I'm really hoping EA can pull some magic out of their bag and change that, but, luckily I will have a PS4 and The Show by then. Thanks to the Brewers being awful, I will have many years to pour into that.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 0

I have a question for those of you who have NHL 15 on the next gen consoles.

Does the '12-Player Collision Physics' feature mean that there are Line Brawls/Scrums? Can you have Scrums/Line Brawls in any single player mode or is it just online?

This is a must feature for me. I remember in NHL 10 you could receive countless amounts of PIMs after the whistle if you wanted too.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #91
Banned

With the number of guys that previously took advantage of the boosts and extra advantages in boosts bailing out, I think I might be in for EASHL this year. Seems like it may be a more friendly atmosphere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #92
Rookie

There are 3 specific things that I am looking for and I need at least 2 to really consider purchasing NHL 16. Unfortunately, it would seem that 1 of the 3 is already off the board.

1) Edit Current Players- Nope
2) Authentic National Team Jerseys (suggested in their Survey)
3) Improved Create-a-Team with the ability to import jerseys and logos from my computer (also suggested in their survey)

I have this lingering feeling that they could easily go 0 for 3 and not bat an eyelash. Oh for the days when new additions to the game were exciting and something to look forward to, not the return of previous features that were taken away for less then acceptable reasons.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:39 PM   #93
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiej86
There are 3 specific things that I am looking for and I need at least 2 to really consider purchasing NHL 16. Unfortunately, it would seem that 1 of the 3 is already off the board.

3) Improved Create-a-Team with the ability to import jerseys and logos from my computer (also suggested in their survey)

I have this lingering feeling that they could easily go 0 for 3 and not bat an eyelash. Oh for the days when new additions to the game were exciting and something to look forward to, not the return of previous features that were taken away for less then acceptable reasons.
I too am waiting to hear about a create-a-team, but doesn't seem likely. I'll just have to go back to 14 if that's the case
Old 05-26-2015, 11:46 PM   #94
Rookie

Samz555's Arena

Quote:

90% chance nothing on that list is in the game and that's the PROBLEM!! I mostly play BGM (even thought i do dable in the others such as HUT or EASHL or even OTP) But leaving ou Edit player just ruuuuuuuins this game ... Such a waste since they've introduced new customization for players!Still holdin out hope they'll come to they're senses and put it in(but not very optimistic)!

Create a team and import logos would just be cherry on top though!

For the jersey part I don't think we'll ever get that due to licensing but that's ok for me.

BRING BACK EDIT PLAYER!!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:19 AM   #95
Rookie

Yes the IIHF issues could prevent their jerseys from being in the game, but at the very least they may look to incorporate the NHL's world cup jerseys in for those nations.

Create-A-Team a much improved version would make it tolerable. I would also like to see a simple function like allowing you to pick what arena your game takes place in. This is mainly for national teams b/c their arena and ice is garbage in the game.

Such a letdown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #96
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Yes the IIHF issues could prevent their jerseys from being in the game, but at the very least they may look to incorporate the NHL's world cup jerseys in for those nations.

Create-A-Team a much improved version would make it tolerable. I would also like to see a simple function like allowing you to pick what arena your game takes place in. This is mainly for national teams b/c their arena and ice is garbage in the game.

Such a letdown.
My frustration with the licensing aspect is that it could be easily avoided if they just gave us the ability to edit things ourselves, instead of locking everything up.

Player editing has always been pretty basic, but at least it was there. The Revamped Roster guys put in some really hard work, and pretty much made NHL14 playable for me, after my putting it down after a few months. I played International tournaments, re-started the GM season. Everything. With their adjusted ratings and sliders, I could enjoy the game and work around some of the gameplay flaws that persisted and drove me nuts.

Then EA gets rid of the feature, and continues to make it harder and harder to customize the game.

Look at games like Forza, that gives guys the ability to paint their cars pixel by pixel. A quick search of Forza Cars Paintjobs gives you an insane number of amazing art put onto cars in game. If EA gave us something even half as powerful as that for NHL16, and the ability to share rosters, and better edit players (the current system of picking from pre-made head models sucks. They look goofy half the time, and are a far cry from creating your own face and editing it. FIFA's team has had Gameface for years, and yet EA has been giving us pre-made faces for at least the past 5 or 6).
Being able to create your own logos that could be put on helmets and jerseys, custom painting the jersey skins, everything, could be awesome. EA could do the usual generic non-offensive jerseys, and everyone else could create and share their new ones. People could actually make teams like Slovenia that get no representation in game (though we've got Japan and Great Britain if i remember right...) and share the rosters and jerseys, and people could pick as they wanted. Don't care about IIHF play? Cool, just get your junior rosters and improved players and have a blast.

EA's NHL seems to be about 5 years behind the curve of customizing gameplay and players, and it's been a huge disappointment, especially when games like The Show have people creating good looking 80's rosters, or games like FIFA (admittedly on PC) have entire teams and player faces being re-skinned and improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »