Home

You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If...

This is a discussion on You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2015, 11:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If...

Will probably buy regardless after some patches and price comes down, but would like to see goalie mode improve, plus start in minors of be a pro mode.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:15 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 9

I will buy the game if:

- EASHL is back, with improvements in all areas of the game mode. More customization, more variation in player types, stats having more meaning, etc.
- There is at least an option to remove all gameplay assists.
- Skating will go back towards the way it was in NHL14 and 15 in oldgen.
- Something is done to the animations, once again. Some noob quickdeking through my D just can't happen all the time. And yes, I know how to play D, very rarely I get scored on by these rubberthumbs, but it just looks stupid. At least limit chains of dekes to those who can actually deke in the real NHL.

But of course I will buy the game anyway, regardless what s**t EA shovels on my plate, but if the game is NHL15.5, I'll buy the game 2nd hand. That'll show them
Old 03-24-2015, 12:47 PM   #11
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

As others have said, EA getting my money back is going to be a tough hill to climb. I won't be content with NHL15.5 where they just add in the features they were missing and call it good.

I want to see defense get a look, if not a complete overhaul. I want to see actually being able to angle guys into the board, and see that boardplay is more than just hugging the glass while some guy pokes through your ankles before you fire a laser kick-pass into the slot for a scoring chance.

I want to see that Be a GM has GM AI that knows when they're doing terrible to trade away FA and valuable veterans to stock up on draft picks. I want to see teams offer their picks and good players to address things their team is lacking. I want to see teams that play well. I want to have a reason to actually care that i play my guys, give them raises when they deserve it, or let them walk when they think they're worth more than they actually are.

I want to have AI that knows how to handle an odd-man break, both defensively, and offensively. I want to see AI that has more intelligence, and doesn't leave the other team's best scoring sniper alone in the slot to both double-team a guy and crosscheck him into their goalie/net. I expect sliders that work, and allow me to customize the game. If i want an arcade game with massive hits, high scores, and amazing cross crease saves, let me. But, if i want a game that rewards proper setup, puck cycling, and well-timed defense and positioning, i should be able to.

Things that would just be icing on the cake would be drastically improved customization. They haven't really changed things since NHL08 in terms of player creation. I'm pretty sure some of those same faces are still in the game.

I'm not sure about NHL15, but I'm almost 100% sure that exact same face is still in NHL14.

I want to be able to create guys and customize their faces. I want to be able to share the perfected rosters and ratings, and even sliders. It would be perfect if i could edit things like jerseys and helmets and import them from my PC into the game. Imagine being able to make realistic national team jerseys, that you could edit into the game with your perfected rosters. You could create an international tournament (with international rules) and create a team and edit the roster so that you can try and battle against powerhouse teams with Anze Kopitar and the rest of team Slovenia.

I don't think EA has the time and resources to get things perfect, but i think they have the ability to give us the resources to do it. We have a community that spends countless months tweaking sliders in search of more accurate stats, editing rosters for more representative gameplay. If i could edit player models and sweater skins, i would gladly create national teams, or even better, imagine creating your own "what if" jerseys for you favorite team.

The game has limitless potential, it's all just been stifled by EA's focus on the easy cash grab.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #12
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

-Complete goalie overhaul and player differentiation
-Better commentary/enthusiasm from Doc and more arena atmosphere
-Better defense

The list goes on an on
Old 03-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #13
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

2K beat EA by first implementing your image to the game with their NBA 2k15. I know EA tried this before, but its different the way 2K did it with their bball game. I dont know why EA could not invest in this, they could apply this tech. to their sport titles: Madden, FIFA, NBA, NHL.

Anyway, actionhank...yea faces from 2008 are still in 2015 with few faces added. This was one of the things I noticed at the release of 15.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #14
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
2K beat EA by first implementing your image to the game with their NBA 2k15. I know EA tried this before, but its different the way 2K did it with their bball game. I dont know why EA could not invest in this, they could apply this tech. to their sport titles: Madden, FIFA, NBA, NHL.

Anyway, actionhank...yea faces from 2008 are still in 2015 with few faces added. This was one of the things I noticed at the release of 15.
I thought it might be. Only reason i even recognize the face is because it's the face i picked for "me" in the game. Since i can't make my own i have to go with some face that looks nothing like me...
Old 03-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #15
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Unlike most people here, I rarely buy sports games in consecutive years, even ones that I really like. I'll buy NHL 16 if there is a significant improvement over NHL 15 in Be A GM infrastructure and/or a Be A Pro overhaul, in addition to improved player movement and goalie animation. Otherwise, I'm good with NHL 15 for another year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 09:06 AM   #16
Rookie

I will buy NHL 16 if they bring back so many of the features the Series had before the next-gen Launch.

i.E.:
Player customization (Jersey in pants, yes I said that)
Player Editing
Create a Team
Single Season
Tournament Mode (awesome fun with Friends, although a sheet of paper and a crayon will do...)
Chemistry on Lines (mix and match, put some swedes together and watch them work their magic)

On top off all, I'd like to see a "Create your own Goalie Mask, along with a set of tools to create awesome goalie masks (editor like Forza with cars) and make them shareable. Still feels like a bummer to see some of those poorly designed generic Goalie Masks since NHL 08 (for example, Edmonton's 2, Winnipegs 2, Chicago 1 and 2) Just let me do Hillers Darth Vader Mask... a goalies personality is reflected in his mask (see the Hamburglar), give them some love.

I especially would like to have the community downloads system the madden franchises uses.

The attitude for the game has to be "Defense wins Championships".

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »