Home

You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If...

This is a discussion on You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If... within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: You Will/Won't Buy NHL 16 If...

I want to be able to CONTROL ALL TEAMs or be able to PLAY ANY GAME on the Schedule in GM Mode if I want to......I dont like being restricted to just one team.

Other Sports games like the SHow and NBA 2K allow you to play different teams matchups throughout my Franchise when I want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2015, 04:05 PM   #26
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

At this point it sounds like people will just be happy enough if they return the feature set to what it was on last gen. While that's all well and good (and frankly, expected), I want to see all of that AND improvements. Enough of this step forward step back bull****.

'15 has left such a bad taste in my mouth I'm not really sure how to answer the question in the OP, to be totally honest. It just seems like a total waste of time and energy to even pay attention to this series until they give me a solid reason to.

I've got no faith in this team currently, and wouldn't be surprised at all if they just string us along for the next couple iterations advertising old features as new, without doing much to the core gameplay.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #27
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
At this point it sounds like people will just be happy enough if they return the feature set to what it was on last gen. While that's all well and good (and frankly, expected), I want to see all of that AND improvements. Enough of this step forward step back bull****.

'15 has left such a bad taste in my mouth I'm not really sure how to answer the question in the OP, to be totally honest. It just seems like a total waste of time and energy to even pay attention to this series until they give me a solid reason to.

I've got no faith in this team currently, and wouldn't be surprised at all if they just string us along for the next couple iterations advertising old features as new, without doing much to the core gameplay.
Totally agree with you, not just the missing features that were in the game before that needs to be in the game before I open my wallet again for an NHL video game.

Right now, although I missed playing NHL video games, I am totally satisfied with NBA 2k15 and now MLB TS (RTTS). Why play NHL video game and be disgruntled after a week because EA put a very abysmal effort? EA needs to do TONS of effort to bring me in back to their NHL series.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #28
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Agreed. I'm not shelling out cash for NHL14.5 on Next Gen (I don't count 15, since it somehow had fewer features than NHL14).

Even if some of the stuff isn't fully fleshed out, seeing that they're trying will mean a lot. If i see that defense gets some actual attention to make it fun to play, and something that rewards good positioning and timing, instead of punishing you because the computer roll of the dice decided instead of poke checking the puck that was right in front of you, you were going to fire your stick into the other guy's skates. I want to see goalies that don't fall for the same stupid things, and actually move realistically, instead of warping left to right, and diving in place on every 3rd shot. I would love to see offensive AI that actually handles plays well. Players that call for the puck, defense that pinches down the boards at the right time...

I've got a laundry list, and I'm sure I've beat a dead horse to death with what i want from the game. EA's got no excuses for not having an idea of what users expect. If they want to keep what looks to be a decent portion of the type of people that frequent OS, it would be good for them to do their research, find some good idea, and try to implement them. If all they care about is making a few quick bucks in HUT, then i guess that's the path they take.

I'm not dropping the better part of a day's worth of work for something that EA just throws together and shoves out the door. I've got other games, I've got my sorry attempt to play hockey in real life. I just can't justify dropping $60+ to tell EA "Yeah, your game's not really good, but i just like hockey, and you're kind of all i have. So, keep up the mediocre work."
Old 04-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #29
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

So very well said. Thankfully, the sales figures show of the huge overall disappointment of the new gen effort. Hopefully they at least care about that. And your thoughts on NHL's future Aday, at this point, seem a bit rosey. Lol.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:29 PM   #30
Rookie

DustinOverbay's Arena

OVR: 1

This game will absolutely need...
  • More overall seperation between goalies (IE Lundqvist 95, and then the worst starting goalie at say 75, its hard to truly see a difference between goalies, if they all looked the same there would be no difference between them)
  • More seperation between player attributes such as speed, because you can have Marian Gaborik skating down the wing full speed 20 feet ahead of the next D man and get a flat footed Pavel Kubina catching up and body checking you from behind
  • Create a player in general, but even more so, Creation Centre
  • Custom Roster Vault, IE MLB the show
  • Be a pro to be totally revamped in general
  • Doc needs a mid life crisis or something, get him excited?
  • Jim Hughson(But not Don Taylor)
  • Maybe 1 legend from each teams history IE Vancouver/Bure and Pittsburgh/Mario etc
  • Just overall, everything
  • OH AND GM CONNECTED

NHL- New York Rangers
MLB- New York Yankees
Old 04-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #31
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
So very well said. Thankfully, the sales figures show of the huge overall disappointment of the new gen effort. Hopefully they at least care about that. And your thoughts on NHL's future Aday, at this point, seem a bit rosey. Lol.
Even just looking at the Facebook comments on the videos they post, it looks like people are starting to lean more towards "Sick of this" than they are enjoying it. Could easily just be the whole squeaky wheel side of things, but it genuinely looks like more people are unhappy with NHL than content.

My biggest issue, is it looks like EA is either completely unaware, or worse still, just doesn't care.

Their 'Highlight' videos are all just the same things...awful highlights scored in an unrealistic manner, that pretty much showcase their terrible AI, and goaltending. It's like they've come full-circle and stopped trying to fix anything, and just embraced the terrible state of the game. It's definitely cause for concern.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2015, 08:35 PM   #32
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

If it's not at least a significant upgrade from where NHL was on the last gen, then I'm not touching it. It's got to get back to where it was, then improve significantly in all areas. There's not reason for that not to have happened for NHL 15, but it is what it is now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »